Our dealer clients have been asking for this capability for several years, and the technology finally developed to a point where we could produce an affordable, simple solution
Burlington, VT (PRWEB) May 5, 2008
Dealer.com, (http://www.dealer.com) the leading provider of online marketing solutions for the automotive industry, today announced the release of the Video Streaming Toolkit, a revolutionary solution that makes it easy for automotive dealers to upload videos to their websites. The Video Streaming Toolkit is the only do-it-yourself solution available to dealers, allowing them to create professional, customized content that differentiates them from competitors, and to leverage existing video investments such as television commercials, all at a fraction of the cost of what they would pay website management companies to manage videos for them.
"Our dealer clients have been asking for this capability for several years, and the technology finally developed to a point where we could produce an affordable, simple solution," said Mark Bonfigli, president and CEO of Dealer.com.
The explosive popularity and growth of video on the web has been well documented. In a 2007 study conducted by Advertising.com, 62% of consumers said they regularly view streaming video content online, and according to the Online Publishers Association (OPA), 44% of consumers have taken some action as a result of viewing an online video ad.
"Videos have been proven to attract consumers to a web site and keep them there longer, increasing the likelihood they will purchase a car," said Dean Evans, chief marketing officer of Dealer.com.
The toolkit allows dealerships to differentiate themselves from competitors with an assortment of dealer-created videos that address every profit center within the dealership, including:
- Videos of Internet department, sales and service personnel
- Videos of how the service department works and specials
- Videos of the dealership facility
- Videos of happy customers and other testimonials
- Welcome video from the general manager
Dealer.com's Video Streaming Toolkit accepts all common formats of video (AVI, MOV, QT, MPEG, etc.) and allows personnel to simply drag and drop videos into any editable text section on any page, then size as necessary the same way they would any other object. Also, dealers can easily supplement their videos with custom descriptions for SEO purposes.
The Video Streaming Toolkit offers dealers a low-cost alternative to expensive fees that many website management companies charge, as well as a more professional alternative to the free video services that many dealers use to embed videos into their websites. The Video Streaming Toolkit offers several major advantages over free video services:
1) More Customers. Free video players often link users to other websites, where they may be enticed by promotions and other videos offered for them to view, including those from competitive dealerships. The Video Streaming Toolkit keeps car shoppers on the dealership website, increasing chances they will submit a lead.
2) Professionalism. With the Video Streaming Toolkit, all videos posted on the website will convey the branding and messaging that the dealership wants to convey. With a video from a free service, the service logo appears on the dealership website, in effect helping to brand another business as well as conveying an image that is less than professional.
3) Quality. The Video Streaming Toolkit automatically converts, optimizes and buffers virtually any video format that a dealer may have into a Flash streaming video. With the Video Streaming Toolkit, the video image quality is six to eight times higher than the average video shown on a free video service.
4) Performance: The Video Streaming Toolkit optimizes videos for flawless performance, regardless of what type of browser, media player or connection speed that a consumer has. Video available from the free services often appear jittery or blocky depending on whether the consumer has a high or low speed Internet connection.
For more information about the Video Streaming Toolkit, please visit http://www.dealer.com/promovidteaser.htm
Founded in Burlington, VT in 1997, Dealer.com is the industry leader of online marketing solutions for the automotive industry. Dealer.com offers the only fully-integrated, Web-based, closed-loop marketing platform that measures the effectiveness of every marketing program, while tracking responses and respondents, from exposure to closure. The platform includes NADA award-winning automotive dealer websites, user-friendly lead management tools, the most proven local search engine advertising solutions available, and unparalleled metrics and Web analytics. Dealer.com is the only company to truly revolutionize the online marketing and sales effectiveness for auto dealers with an unmatched level of speed, precision and ease-of-use. For more information, please visit http://www.dealer.com or call 888-894-8989.