People interested in bidding should contact our office immediately to receive property and auction information. Due diligence information, including taxes, zoning, title exceptions, and etc. will be made available from our office and on our website at www.higgenbotham.com]
Lakeland, FL (PRWEB) May 6, 2008
Higgenbotham Auctioneers International Ltd., Inc. ("HAI"), announced today that Shopko Stores Operating Co., LLC (Shopko) has retained HAI to offer at auction 28 surplus properties situated adjacent to operating Shopko stores. These out parcels range in size from .43± to 9.36± acres and will be sold on location in Iowa, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska and Wisconsin.
This is an incredible opportunity for buyers to purchase these prime locations at a price they determine, keeping in mind that they will have an excellent retailer standing behind their new business location.
Greg Polacheck, Director of Real Estate for Shopko stated, "We reviewed several different concepts and several different auction companies to liquidate our surplus assets and we decided Higgenbotham was the right choice. Buyers will be able to bid in real time via the Internet or bid live at the property location. Shopko is committed to selling these assets at auction and we wanted to make sure that all bidders have a fair opportunity to purchase these locations. Interested parties should contact Higgenbotham directly to receive property information and bidding instructions."
"People interested in bidding should contact our office immediately to receive property and auction information. Due diligence information, including taxes, zoning, title exceptions, and etc. will be made available from our office and on our website at http://www.higgenbotham.com ," Stated John Haney, General Manager of Higgenbotham Auctioneers.
The auction inventory consists of 28 retail out-parcels/development tracts only. None of the properties in the auction are currently operating stores.
The property list and locations include:
- 2 outparcels at 1962 & 1968 W. Morton Ave, Jacksonville, Il
- 2 outparcels of the Shopko at 1190 N. 6th St., Monmouth, IL
- 3 outparcels of the Shopko at 555 W. South St., Freeport, Il
- 3 outparcels of the Shopko at 5300 52nd St., Kenosha, Wisconsin
- 1 outparcel of the Shopko at 2401 Shopko Dr, Madison, Wisconsin
- 3 outparcels at 2421, 2431& 2441 Holmgren Way, Ashwaubenon,Wisconsin
- 4 development tracts at 3705 Monroe Rd, Ledgeview, Wisconsin
- 1 outparcel of the Shopko at 2432 E. Mason St., Green Bay, Wisconsin
- 2 outparcels of the Shopko at 500 S. Carpenter Ave., Kingsford, Michigan
- 2 outparcels of the Shopko at 320 Highway O, Rice Lake, WI
- 1 outparcel of the Shopko at 1200 E. Southview Dr., Marshall, MN
- 1 outparcel of the Shopko at 615 S. Monroe Ave., Mason City IA
- 1 outparcel of the Shopko at 2005 Krenzien St., Norfolk, NE
- 1 outparcel of the Shopko at 1450 S. Grand Ave., Pullman, WA
- 1 outparcel of the Shopko at 2820 Highway 63 South, Rochester, MN
About Higgenbotham Auctioneers International Ltd., Inc.
Founded in 1959, Higgenbotham Auctioneers International ("HAI") is headquartered in Lakeland, Florida and specializes in the sale of corporate real estate throughout the United States and the world by utilizing the auction method of marketing. HAI is an alliance partner of NAI Global and enjoys continuing relationships with Fortune 500 clients such as Alcoa, International Paper, Wal-Mart Realty, and Sinclair Oil, as well as many other publicly traded and closely held companies.
About Shopko Stores Operating Co., LLC
Shopko, headquartered in Green Bay, Wisconsin, has two divisions: Shopko and Shopko Express Rx. Employing more than 16-thousand people in 13 states, in more than 136 stores, generating annual sales exceeding $ 2.2 billion.
In 1991, Shopko Stores Inc. became a publicly-held, independent company with stock traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "SKO". In December of 2005, Shopko Stores, Inc. was purchased by an affiliate of Sun Capital Partners, Inc. and no longer is a publicly-owned corporation.
The Shopko division has 133 stores in 13 states. Located in mid-sized to larger cities, Shopko stores are multi-department retail stores committed to offering quality merchandise, services and value to meet customers' needs for home, family basics, casual apparel and seasonal products, with a special emphasis on retail health.
For more information on the Shopko Stores properties or other Higgenbotham auctions, please contact John Haney at Higgenbotham Auctioneers (800) 257-4161 or visit our website at http://www.Higgenbotham.com