a very impressive visual GUI creator
San Francisco, Calif. (PRWEB) May 6, 2008
Instantiations, Inc., a leading provider of software quality and productivity solutions for the Eclipse platform, today announced that its customer base has grown to more than 10,000 customers. Instantiations reached this milestone through increased enterprise adoption of its Eclipse-focused product lines. An early participant in the commercial Eclipse market, Instantiations continues its growth with its industry-leading WindowBuilder Pro™ and CodePro AnalytiX™ product lines. As a result, the company has achieved year-over-year revenue growth as well as record growth in the past two quarters.
WindowBuilder Pro is the market-leading product for creating Java graphical user-interfaces (GUIs) and is used by Eclipse developers worldwide. CodePro AnalytiX is one of the most popular software development tools available for Eclipse to help developers automatically improve software quality, reliability, and maintainability in the applications they develop.
"SAS has used Instantiations products for several years now and we have always been very pleased with the products themselves as well as the support that we have received. Instantiations is a world-class organization," said Rich Main, Director, Business Intelligence Reporting, SAS. "Because our software is used to drive key business decisions, it's critical that we deliver high-quality software, and implementing CodePro AnalytiX has allowed us to automate the process of enforcing programming standards and best practices."
Instantiations has strengthened its consulting and training business, growing over 100% in 2007. Instantiations' mentoring and technology transfer guides companies to choose effective architecture tools, frameworks and development strategies, and often serves as an extension to internal Eclipse teams.
"The members of the professional services team at Instantiations are truly top-tier technologists," said Jesse Watson, Manager, Engineering, Varolii Corporation. "Not only did they integrate right into our team, bringing impressive experience and mentoring skills to bear, they brought along enough big-picture aptitude to understand our business problems, our pressures, and what project success meant for us."
In addition to customer growth, milestones from 2007 to 2008 include:
- Recognized as one of Oregon's Fastest-Growing 100 Private Companies for a 2nd year.
- Teamed with CodeGear to integrate Swing Designer™, a visual layout tool in the WindowBuilder-family, into JBuilder® 2008.
- Launched CodePro AnalytiX Server to bring the benefits of modern, agile and innovative software analysis tools to mainstream development organizations through a server-based automation process that seamlessly integrates into common software build systems.
- Shipped CodePro Profiler™, the first enterprise-ready performance-profiling tool designed specifically for Eclipse.
- Released WindowTester Pro™ v3.0, the leading tool for automating the testing of Swing and SWT GUIs, which adds support for Graphical Editing Framework (GEF). It is the only tool that allows developers to easily record and playback tests using GEF.
- Updated WindowBuilder Pro, the market-leading GUI builder that includes SWT Designer, Swing Designer and GWT Designer and enables user interfaces to be created in minutes.
- Updated RCP Developer™, the first development tool to leverage the open source Eclipse Rich Client Platform (RCP) for creating Java-based client and stand-alone desktop applications.
- Updated GWT Designer™, the most popular tool to create AJAX applications using the Google Web Toolkit (GWT). Google's GWT development team has called GWT Designer "a very impressive visual GUI creator" and often show it alongside their own GWT kit as the standard for developing Ajax applications using GWT.
- Awarded one of the Top 100 Software Development Innovators in 2007 by SD Times.
"The adoption of Eclipse by enterprises worldwide is growing dramatically as IT managers are pressured to find high-value, high-ROI software development tools that help bring business-critical applications to users faster," said Mike Taylor, Instantiations CEO and Eclipse Foundation board member. "In early 2000, Instantiations embraced the Eclipse open-source platform to create tools that add value and improve the productivity of development teams. Customers tell us that our tools deliver great value by saving months or longer in building and testing GUIs and by improving code quality and application performance."
Based in Portland, Ore., Instantiations is a leading innovator of Eclipse-based solutions and focuses its products and services on improving quality, productivity and time-to-market for global software development organizations. Led by a team of internationally-recognized pioneers in Java software technology, Instantiations is a founding member of the Eclipse Foundation and an IBM Business Partner with a line of products for Eclipse, IBM Rational®, JBuilder® and MyEclipse®. The company is named as one the fastest-growing Oregon companies two years running and has been ranked among the top 100 companies influencing software development by SD Times.
For more information, visit http://www.instantiations.com or call +1-503-598-4913.
CodePro AnalytiX, WindowBuilder Pro, Swing Designer, SWT Designer, GWT Designer, RCP Developer and WindowTester are trademarks of Instantiations, Inc. Java is a trademark of Sun Microsystems. Rational is a registered trademark of IBM, Corporation. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective companies.