Warwick, New York (PRWEB) May 9, 2008
ACT, the preeminent association focused on advancing tax operational effectiveness through the broad use of technology, is pleased to announce that registrations are now being accepted for their 2008 Annual Conference. The bi-annual conference will be held on June 23-25, 2008 in Las Vegas, NV at the JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa.
Widely attended by leading corporate tax professionals, ACT conferences are designed to provide peer-to-peer networking opportunities, as well as a multi-day educational program covering issues, challenges, and trends facing today's tax departments. This year's annual conference will consist of:
- A unique opportunity to learn how Six Sigma and technology were used to improve tax processes.
- An update from the IRS on current developments, and record retention in the e-file era.
- A Vendor Expo where major tax software vendors will be demonstrating the latest in tax technology.
- Three full days of educational presentations on topics such as, capturing and retaining critical tax information, advancing the effectiveness of the tax operation with technology, navigating the dynamic world of the tax impact of M&A, best practices for sales and use tax management.
- The opportunity to earn professional CPE credits
For ACT membership information and conference registration, call 845-987-9690, email info @ taxACT.org, or visit the website at http://www.taxact.org.
ACT is the preeminent association for corporate tax professionals who are interested in advancing operational effectiveness through the broad use of technology. A national non-profit educational organization, ACT is designed to provide a forum for tax professionals to stay abreast of trends in technology and to learn best practices that will help today's tax departments reach new levels of operational excellence. The Association focuses on helping their members address today's tax challenges and issues by offering a full complement of expert-led educational programs, publications, peer networking, and informational surveys that enrich skills, knowledge, and professional development. For additional information about ACT, the Association for Computers & Taxation, call 845-987-9690, email at info@taxACT.org, or visit the website at http://www.taxact.org.
# # #