Dublin, CA (PRWEB) May 13, 2008
The North American market for ESRD Dialysis products and services is estimated to have been $28.9 billion in 2007. The total number of dialysis patients worldwide is expected to reach 2 million by 2010 according to a new Marketstrat report. Consolidation of service providers and product manufacturers is set to continue, raising the entry barrier for newcomers while existing leaders tap into previously under penetrated markets and establish themselves as providers of comprehensive, cost-effective services with measurable clinical outcomes.
- A significant increase in ESRD population, fueled by increases in incidence of hypertension, diabetes and obesity -- in conjunction with aging populations around the world. Rates of both chronic and acute renal failure are likely to increase as a result. Renal failure is a chronic worldwide epidemic, for which dialysis is the primary treatment modality.
- Rapid economic growth in India and China, the two most populous nations in the world will lead to more healthcare expenditures.
- Clinical evidence proposing that more frequent dialysis is more effective compared to periodic dialysis.
- Market for single-use dialyzers is on the upswing with Fresenius driving this segment. The company offers CarePak brand single-use therapy bundle - Optiflux high-flux dialyzes, Granuflo dry acetate concentrate, CombiSet bloodlines, and FMCNA manufactured saline.
- In the US, there has been an increase in the use of Vitamin D and IV iron replacement therapy; anemia correction and increase in EPO dosing; and continued high use of catheters, despite association with increased infectious complications and mortality.
- Key players in the North American market are Fresenius, DaVita, Baxter, and Gambro.
- There are significant differences in reimbursement structure and rates across Europe, with up to 100% difference in treatment rates in some cases.
- Expansion in outpatient dialysis services will not keep pace with increased demand resulting in a growing trend towards home-based dialysis services.
- Increased focus on quality indices and clinical outcomes: Fresenius is combining membrane, delivery, and laboratory technology with proven dialysis drugs to improve outcomes.
- Dialysis clinics of the future will have chairside systems, rolling laptops, touchscreen systems, with end-to-end integration through information technology.
- Key market participants include Asia Renal Care (ARC), Baxter, Bridgepoint/Gambro, B. Braun, DaVita, Euromedic, Fresenius, Gambro Renal, and Kuratorium fur Dialyse und Nierentransplantation e.v.
- Global Market Forecasts By Country/Region ($ 2005 -- 2014): separately for ESRD Dialysis Products and ESRD Services
- North America (USA, Canada, Mexico); Latin America; EMEA (Africa, Middle East, Eastern Europe, UK, Spain, Portugal, Italy, France, Germany, Rest of Europe); Asia-Pacific (Japan, S. Korea, China, Taiwan, Australia, Singapore, Rest of APAC)
US Market Forecasts (2005 -- 2014) separately for:
- ESRD Dialysis Services ($)
- Hemodialysis Machines (units & $): Institutional vs. Home HD machines
- Hemodialysis Dialyzers (units & $): Single-use vs. Reusable
- Hemodialysis Supplies ($): Blood Lines; Fistula Needles; Catheters
- Peritoneal Dialysis Products: PD Cyclers (units & $); PD Supplies ($)
- 100+ company profiles
- Executive Summary; Products, Markets, and Competitive Structure; Market Estimates & Forecasts by Region; Competition, Strategies, Market Share; Market Trends, Drivers & Restraints; Company Profiles; Research Methodology
For additional information on this newly released report (including full table of contents), visit http://www.marketstrat.com.
About Marketstrat, Inc.
Marketstrat® assists companies with market, technology, and best practice strategies & intelligence, through a unique combination of published reports, solutions, and services. Our strengths include: a deep understanding of the medical devices value chain, state-of-the-art data collection tools, and a robust research methodology. Marketstrat's reports provide global medical device market coverage, crisp and concise market analyses, key takeaways, recommendations, 5-7 year estimates/ forecasts, competitive strategies, purchase considerations, emerging business models, market shares, market drivers & restraints and benchmarks.
saudap @ marketstrat.com