We feel confident that these individuals will accomplish that, and more.
Past News ReleasesRSS
Denver (PRWEB) May 14, 2008
On the eve of its fifth anniversary, 4240 Architecture, Inc. (http://www.4240architecture.com), an award-winning architecture, interior and urban planning firm with studios in Chicago and Denver, has promoted six Senior Associates to Associate Principals.
"This is the next generation of leadership for our fast-growing firm, which does site-specific design work on a global scale," explained Peter H. Dominick, Jr., FAIA and 4240 Architecture President. "While each individual is a star in his or her own right, the promotions are not about individuals, but about creating a great team that will dovetail with our marketing and business strategies -- each member contributing the right mix of innovation, creativity, and leadership as we move into the future."
Named to the new leadership roles are:
- Christian Barlock, 44, a 12-year lead designer for the firm, who has worked on a broad range of multi-family residential and hospitality projects at the state and national level.
- Robert Benson, 38, Design Director for the firm's Chicago office, who holds a master's degree in architecture from MIT and is an adjunct professor at the University of Illinois - Chicago.
- Louis Bieker, AIA, LEED AP, 39, a 15-year architect who has planned and designed museums, research laboratories, and mountain resorts throughout Colorado and California.
- Thaddius Carvis, LEED AP, 38, who joined the firm while completing his master's degree in architecture, and has since collaborated on hotels and multi-family residential complexes.
- Marcia Weese, 57, an interior designer with a fine art background and current emphasis on green practices, who joined the firm in 2007 as the Denver studio's Director of Design for interior architecture. She grew up in Chicago, the daughter of modernist architect Harry Weese and designer Kitty Baldwin Weese.
- Terry Willis, 53, Denver Studio Manager who previously lived and worked in Europe and Asia as project designer, team leader and field office manager for major national and international projects.
All except Chicago-based Benson work out of the firm's Denver studio.
"We're approaching our fifth anniversary, and we've grown from 50 to nearly 90. We've got a billion dollars' worth of work under construction and nearly another billion dollars' worth on the boards," said Dominick. "We need a leadership team with the creative direction, mission, and vision to take the firm to the next level, while maintaining the values that have contributed to our success thus far.
"We feel confident that these individuals will accomplish that, and more."
This is the first time the firm has added Associate Principals, and it took nearly nine months to complete the selection process, according to Dominick, one of the firm's three Principals.
About 4240 Architecture, Inc.
With studios in Chicago (42° latitude) and Denver (40°latitude), 4240 Architecture is an award-winning team of architects, planners and interior designers who design buildings, community frameworks and spaces ranging from entire neighborhoods, resorts, and commercial architecture to interiors and private homes. Established in 2003, the 90-person firm is equally fluent in designing for urban settings and high-mountain properties - and for just about every context in between. Clients include Disney Development Company, East West Partners, Forest City Enterprises, Hamilton Partners, Hammes Company, Hines, JDL Corporation, Shea Homes, St. Joe Company, and Vail Resort Development Company. For more information, visit http://www.4240architecture.com.
Treacy Marketing Group
(312) 482-8900 Ext. 3043
cmartin @ treacymarketing.com