New York, NY, (PRWEB) May 14, 2008
The Network Journal (TNJ) (http://www.tnj.com), the New York tri-state premier magazine for Black professionals, corporate executives and small business owners, announces the winners of its 2008 "40-Under-Forty" Achievement Awards. Celebrating its 11th year, the Annual "40 Under-Forty" Achievement Awards Dinner will be held on Thursday, June 12, from 6:30pm to 10pm at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Times Square Manhattan, 1605 Broadway, at 49th Street in New York City. This milestone event, themed "Reaching for Higher Goals," will be co-hosted by Randal D. Pinkett, Ph.D, Co-Founder, Chairman & CEO, BCT Partners and Stacie J, entrepreneur and model, and is sponsored by AETNA, AXA, and WBLS Radio.
"As we celebrate the 11th Anniversary of our 40 Under-Forty Achievers awards, TNJ cherishes its role as a facilitator for our up-and-coming African-American men and women to progress even further in their careers. Through events such as our recognition awards program, TNJ serves to bring these accomplished professionals to the attention of our vast network of corporate affiliations," says Aziz Gueye Adetimirin, TNJ's founder, publisher and CEO.
The 2008 list of honorees covers the immediate tri-state region and represents an impressive roster of African-American entrepreneurs and professionals in a range of business sectors. This high-profile recognition event showcases 40 individuals under the age of 40 who have achieved significant levels of success in their careers or business ventures and have made substantial contributions to their industry sectors and to their respective communities. These 40 achievers will also be profiled in the special June issue of the magazine.
Recipients of the 2008 "40-Under-Forty" Achievement award are:
- Angelica L. Allen-McMillan, Ed.D., Elementary School Principal, South Orange - Maplewood School District
- Bradlee A. Benn, Vice President, Business Development, American Express Merchant Services
- Michelle R. Blake Wilson, Managing Director, Marketing and Business Development, United States Tennis Association-Eastern Inc.
- Sheila S. Boston, Esq., Partner, Kaye Scholer LLP
- Alvin Bowles, Senior Vice President, Integrated Marketing, BET Networks
- David C. Collymore, M.D., F.A.A.P., Medical Director, Soundview Healthcare Network
- Philip D. Cooke, Senior Associate Director, Department of External Affairs, Advertising and Marketing, Queens Hospital Center
- Alex M. David, D.P.S., Director, Office for Research and Diversity, Association of the Bar of NYC
- Marlon J. Doles, Director, Human Resources, Corporate Diversity and Executive Staffing, Wyeth Pharmaceuticals
- Alex O. Ellis, Minister, Author, Custom Clothier - Simply Ellis LLC and Tied To Greatness
- Farrah Gray, Chairman, Farrah Gray Foundation
- Angie Hancock, Founder and President, Experience: Harlem
- Theresa Harrison, Director, Supplier Diversity, Ernst & Young LLP
- Shaunice Hawkins, Vice President, Diversity and Multicultural Initiatives, Magazine Publishers of America
- Jessica Ingram-Bellamy, Co-Director, Better World Advertising
- Michael E. Jones, M.D., Founder and Director, Lexington Plastic Surgeons
2008 – 40 Under-Forty Achievers Awards
Press Release – continued:
- Jennifer Jordan, Reporter/Fill-in Anchor, My9 News, WWOR/My9 TV
- Clayton E. Judge, III, Director, Supplier Diversity, Diversity Business Partners Program, Office of the Commissioner of Baseball, Major League Baseball
- Reshema Kemps-Polanco, Brand Manager, Tekturna Brand Team, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporations
- Carole S. Lakin, Group Multi-Cultural Relations Manager, Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- David A. Lipscomb, Vice President, Diversity and Inclusion, Sovereign Bank
- Corey Llewellyn, Founder, President and CEO, Digiwaxx Media
- Carla Louis, Account Director, KSL Media
- Irene R. Marshall, C.P.A., Partner, Mitchell & Titus LLP
- Christopher W. McIntyre, Lean Strategy and Implementation, and Business Transformation Director, Supply Chain, Hallmark Cards Inc.
- David E. Morris, Managing Director, Oracle Capital Partners LLC
- Michelle Murray, Brand Director, Alize Liqueurs and Cognacs, Kobrand Corporation
- Karen E. Nethersole, Manager of Collegiate Programs and Diversity, Liz Claiborne Inc.
- Heather M. Palmore, Esq., Partner, Conway, Farrell, Curtin & Kelly PC
- Brian Parker, Vice President, Emerging Markets and New Business Development, Choice Hotels International
- Christopher A. Phang, M.D., F.A.A.P., Director, Harlem Pediatric Associates
- Lesley N. Pinckney, Director, Digital Development, Essence Communications Inc.
- Kimberly Richardson, Esq., Attorney-at-Law, Varnum, Riddering, Schmidt & Howlett LLP
- Gerard Simmons, Eastern Regional Sales Director, Earl G. Graves Publishing Co., Black Enterprise Magazine
- Trenesa Stanford Danuser, Vice President, Global Communications and Strategic Alliances, Origins Natural Resources and Ojon Corporation, The Estee Lauder Companies
- Russell T. Stokes, General Manager, Global Sourcing, GE Aviation
- Gwendolyn F. Turner, Director, Worldwide Supplier Diversity, Pfizer Inc.
- John F. Weaver, Jr., CEO, Reunion Technologies
- Lisa Williams-Fauntroy, Senior Vice President, Business Affairs and Programming Legal, Discovery Communications LLC
- Sacha Xavier, Group Media Director, Avenue A | Razorfish
TNJ created the "40 Under-Forty" Achievement Awards in 1997 to recognize the next generation of African-American leaders who have proven to be exceptional performers in their industry and who are committed to the development of their community. The program is designed to promote mentorship and professional development by introducing these leaders to the established business community and by promoting them as role models for young African-Americans. For more information on TNJ's "40 Under-Forty" Achievement Awards visit http://www.tnj.com or contact Denise Acquaye, 212-962-3791 x206, email@example.com
About The Network Journal:
Founded in 1993, The Network Journal (TNJ) is the premier monthly magazine for Black professionals, corporate executives and small business owners in the New York tri-state area. Engaging over 86,000 readers, TNJ is dedicated to connecting, empowering and inspiring this market segment by providing news and commentaries on issues that affect the growth of businesses and the advancement of professionals in the workplace. Along with featuring successful entrepreneurs and professionals who offer insights on business- and career-building strategies, TNJ highlights trends in key industries, providing information on valuable resources in the corporate, government, and not-for-profit sectors. Each issue of TNJ includes articles on finance and economy, career, management, healthcare, science and technology, reviews of the hottest automobiles in the industry and features about executives on the move.
The Network Journal
denise @ tnj.com