I re-designed the website in response to user feedback and the growing need for the services we provide. Research shows that moms are increasingly turning to the internet for parenting resources
Bedford Corners, NY (PRWEB) May 20, 2008
Local Westchester County mom and parenting enthusiast Gretchen Menzies today announced the re-launch of the 24/7 website for Westchester County moms.
Menzies created EssentialMom.com in 2004, but today, EssentialMom.com is even more essential. It offers busy Westchester moms the resources to make informed decisions that support a fuller, easier and less stressful life. It's the answer for moms who would rather play with their kids than spend a day "planning" to play with them.
The site will continue to serve as a comprehensive Westchester County resource for event listings, child and adult classes, volunteer opportunities, non-profit organization information, summer camps, baby gifts, playgroups, party ideas and anything else that makes life with kids easier -- and more fun at the same time.
New features of the site include forums; kid-friendly restaurant reviews and ratings; recipes; daily tips; and more. The new site harnesses the power of the mom-to-mom network, giving parents complete information, support, options and answers to parenting dilemmas. Most importantly, EssentialMom.com frees mom up to spend more time with her kids and feel good about herself and the choices she makes on behalf of her children.
News @ EssentialMom.com, the weekly community newsletter, continues to be the most popular website feature. It is distributed to close to 1,600 moms throughout Westchester County and includes information about current events, new products, advice and ideas to keep busy parents "in the know."
"I re-designed the website in response to user feedback and the growing need for the services we provide. Research shows that moms are increasingly turning to the internet for parenting resources," said Menzies.
According to a 2006 study by eMarketer, the number of mothers online is expected to increase to 36.6 million by 2010. Here, at home in Westchester, the number of youth is expected to reach 250,000 by 2020.
"The greatest feature of the redesign is that parents will now be able to connect online with other parents -- enabling them to exchange information, garner support and encouragement from other parents, and find local resources for their families," Menzies added.
New website features include:
- EssentialEvents- current local/regional calendar of events
- Child Care - information about local day care centers to nanny resources to listings of pre-schools, nursery schools and independent schools
- EssentialOpportunities - a comprehensive listing of local non-profit organizations, their missions, and how to get involved in local initiatives
- Summer Camps- local summer camps for different age groups and interests
- EssentialBabyLists- products and services for all of "baby's" needs: clothing, books, gift guides and more; newborn "must-have" lists; and newborn parenting tips
- PartyCenter - resources for planning a party around any theme: arts and crafts to treasure hunts, roller skating, ice cream parties and more
- EssentialLinks - essential information to help you plan your day: weather, news, recipes, shopping, classifieds and volunteer activities
- Connections - connect with other moms through blogs, articles, restaurant and movie reviews, and forums to exchange information
EssentialMom.com is where mom's needs finally come first. A Westchester County-based and focused parenting website, EssentialMom.com was designed by mothers for mothers. This one-stop-shop has the answers for all things parenting: resources for classes, groups, schools, birthday party planning, local events, summer camp information, parenting tips, a weekly newsletter and more.
For more information, visit http://www.EssentialMom.com or contact Gretchen Menzies at 914.523.1352 or Gretchen @ essentialmom.com.