Both patients and doctors are unhappy with the way our medical system functions today. Nine out of ten times the interaction between the doctor and the patient leads to more problems than solutions. The healthcare system is at a crossroads. The Oath helps you take the path of educated and empowered choices.
New York, NY (PRWEB) May 19, 2008
Erika Schwartz, MD today announced the launch of Dr Erika's Oath at drerika.com - a revolutionary program designed to significantly improve the way physicians deliver quality medical care.
"Dr Erika's Oath was created as the agent of change: to empower, educate and provide the tools and confidence to individual patients," she said.
The Oath features web-based information, DVDs, books and streaming video and audio blogs to serve the patient, the healthcare provider and the entire medical profession.
Dr Erika said, "Both patients and doctors are unhappy with the way our medical system functions today. Nine out of ten times the interaction between the doctor and the patient leads to more problems than solutions. The healthcare system is at a crossroads. The Oath helps you take the path of educated and empowered choices."
Members who subscribe to DrErika's Oath for one year will receive exclusive contact with their own DrErika advisor directly, via e-mail any time.
All subscribers to Dr Erika's Oath will receive a special guide to taking control of the relationship with your doctor and questions you need to ask before taking his or her advice. In addition there is important information on:
- Preparing for surgery: How to help your body be ready and heal faster
- Internet 101: How to interpret information you read on the internet.
- What tests you should take? Monthly, yearly?
- How to interpret scientific data in the news
- The truth about birth control pills, antidepressants and other questionable drugs
- New drugs and the real science behind them
- Vaccinations and what is really known about them
- Hormones for men
- Hormones for women
- Supplements and their usefulness to you
- Eating to stay healthy
- Moving to stay in shape
- Sleeping to renew your body and mind
- Healthy sexuality
- Honesty and your relationships with others
- Making your work environment work for your health.
http://www.DrErika.com is dedicated to providing an independent, honest view on healthcare topics and issues from a position of devoted patient advocacy.
Its founder, Erika Schwartz, MD is an internationally-recognized patient advocate, practicing physician, expert in conventional and integrative medicine, author of four books and a frequent guest on TV and radio. DrErika.com doesn't tailor its stories to suit sponsors - it does not accept sponsors.
For more information on Dr Erika's Oath, log on to http://www.drerika.com.