Keller, TX (PRWEB) May 21, 2008
The Greater Keller Chamber of Commerce invites everyone to help celebrate our freedom by bringing your family and friends to KellerFest! The festival is held at Keller Town Center (1100 Bear Creek Parkway) starting on Friday, May 30th through Sunday, June 1st. KellerFest is open to the public and free of charge.
On Saturday, May 31, 2008 we will host active duty, reservists and veterans from all over the State in a special ceremony just to show our support for all troops home and abroad. The primary intent of the event is to show our troops how much we appreciate all that they do and the sacrifices that they and their families have made. Another driving motivation of this event is to show our children how important our military families are to us and to remind them that freedom is not "free".
Events will include:
- Marine FA-18 Hornet jet fly over of Keller Town Center;
- Skydiving performance by double amputee, Dana Bowman from the elite "Golden Knights" Army parachute team;
- An ibot will be donated to a deserving individual from Texas. This spectacular piece of equipment will provide lost independence for the recipient (http://www.ibotnow.com);
- Speeches and presentations by Medal of Honor recipients;
- Civilian "warbird" fly over;
- Performances by nationally-known performing artists including Stephen Cochran, the Walter Stout Band, Matt Snook of Vandel-Snook and the Bob Polding Band;
- Presentation by B.G. "Jug" Burkett, author of "Stolen Valor";
- Former Dallas Cowboy, Chad Hennings;
- Iwo Jima re-enactment;
- Replica Liberty Bell;
- Static display of military aircraft including Apache, Black Hawk and Chinook helicopters;
- Approximately 200+ "VIP" active duty guest troops from Fort Hood and the Brooks Army Medical Center;
- US Flag of Honor arrival and display - American flag that flew over ground zero while search was conducted;
- Presentations of gifts and recognition awards to area troops and servicemen by local, state and national political leaders.
We are pleased and honored to show our support to all service members during these tumultuous times. We hope that you will join us in giving these soldiers the recognition they deserve. Freedom has a Price; A Salute to Our Troops is made possible through the generous support of American Airlines, North Texas Mechanical, The Huey 091 Foundation, Senator Jane Nelson and Uptown Keller Town Center.
You can find more information about "A Salute to Our Troops" and KellerFest at http://www.kellerfest.com.