San Diego (PRWEB) May 23, 2008
Pregnancy is supposed to be one of the most beautiful times in a woman's life, but it's also one of the hardest on a woman's body. Until recently, moms were hard-pressed to find products created to treat the unique skin challenges that are expected when you're expecting. But all that's about to change. Honeydew, a new line of maternity skin care products, is making pregnancy pretty. Available in May through online retailers as well as specialty maternity boutiques and natural markets, the new line has only one goal: prenatal pampering.
The Honeydew line was created to change the way people view maternity skin care and to treat pregnancy skin at its specific stage. Unlike many beauty products repackaged and claim to be for pregnant women, Honeydew products are created to endure the body challenges of pregnancy.
All of the products are all free of parabens, harsh preservatives used widely in cosmetics, but which have become increasingly controversial due to several recent studies that indicate they can disrupt hormones and irritate skin. Honeydew products are also free of synthetic colors, dyes and fragrances. Using effective, natural ingredients, Honeydew products are specially formulated to be safe to use during pregnancy.
This new maternity skin care line consists of five products created just for mommies in the making:
- Balmy Mommy: A soothing belly balm with calendula, evening primrose, and natural oats that makes itchy bellies a distant memory.
- A Leg Up: A relaxing foot & leg lotion that helps alleviate one of pregnancy's biggest woes: tired and swollen feet.
- C-Scar Therapy: This plant-based, antioxidant-packed cream helps reduce the appearance of scars from c-sections and other surgical procedures.
- Bun in the Oven for smaller bellies: This super-rich belly butter, in an early pregnancy size, contains four nourishing emollients to moisturize, soothe and guard against stretch marks.
- Bun in the Oven for larger bellies: Perfect for those last few months, this larger-size Bun in the Oven will see mom-to-be through to her due date with no stretch marks to show for it.
Honeydew products aim to prove that pregnancy skin care can be safe and effective but also nine months full of beautiful fun. For more information about Honeydew products, go to http://www.honeydewskincare.com