Redding, CA (PRWEB) May 23, 2008
MyBackgroundCheck.com (MBC), a leading consumer background check portal, launched its new website featuring enhanced credit and criminal identity theft protection and identity fraud detection services, Identity Control 360.
Over the past year, 8.1 million Americans were victims of identity fraud (identity fraud occurs after identity theft when the personal information is used illegally) and cost Americans over $45 billion dollars. In response to this ever growing threat , MBC released Identity Control 360 and it differentiates from other similar services by providing the following features:
- The subscriber is alerted when anyone requests to view credit or other reports…the viewer cannot access the information until the subscriber approves.
- The subscriber is protected from receiving pre-approved credit offers and other solicitation mail - saving time and reducing the number of times their identity can be stolen by mail theft.
- The subscription can include state and national criminal background checks with the Identity Control 360 Plus to ensure the name or other personal information is not on any other state or federal criminal lists.
- With Identity Control 360 Plus, the subscriber receives criminal searches every 90 days and alerts to any changes on these reports.
- Any inconsistencies with the report that may be the result of identity theft or erroneous data can be corrected by following the website's step-by-step instructions.
Privacy rights organizations recommend pulling credit reports periodically to monitor any erroneous information or discrepancies and early detection is key to preventing long-term credit problems. Wrongful criminal records can have an even greater impact on a person's life post identity theft, the reason MBC added this unique feature to its identity theft prevention services.
"Identity theft can often devastate a person's life and cause disruptions for many years to come. A person can be wrongfully denied employment or falsely arrested for a crime they did not commit. This is one of the fastest growing crimes in America. I wanted to create a product to help prevent all identity theft possibilities as well as solutions and resources for those who are already victims." - Robert Mather, CEO of MyBackgroundCheck.com.
For more information, please visit MyBackgroundCheck.com.
MyBackgroundCheck.com is an applicant/consumer supplied background check portal and an affiliate of the Pre-employ.com Family of Companies. Pre-employ.com was a pioneer in web-based screening technology and is now a leading HR solutions firm. The company's mission is to empower and protect employers, applicants, employees, and consumers. As a consumer privacy rights advocate, Pre-employ.com does not compile or sell applicant or client data and remains a top service provider to the Fortune® 1000. Robert Mather, founder and CEO is an expert source for the background screening industry and is available for interviews by contacting Desiree Bryant, Media Relations Advisor, at 800-300-1821 ext. 255.
2008 Identity Fraud Survey Report, Javelin Strategy & Research; http://www.javelinstrategy.com/research