Seek simplicity, comfort, and value
Santa Barbara, CA (PRWEB) May 27, 2008
Laura Martindale of http://TransformYourHouse.com is pleased to announce the release of her new book, "Transform Your House! How to Dramatically Update & Upgrade (without Major Remodeling)". This downloadable e-book shows the average homeowner--or someone who is thinking of buying a home or investment property--how to maximize the value of their remodeling expenditures and get the most "bang for the buck."
Laura's credo is, "Seek simplicity, comfort, and value," and this serves as the foundation for all of her suggestions. Her book provides numerous tips, hints, design ideas, and example projects from her own experiences. Included are subjects such as:
- The Top 5 High-Impact Projects listed in their order of importance for getting the most bang for your buck and cost-effectively enhancing the overall look and feel of a home.
- Critical tips on colors, textures, and design details that make the difference between a boring look and one that dazzles.
- Simple ideas for enhancing curb appeal, which can add as much as 10% to the value of a home and increase the number of prospective buyers.
- The most cost-effective upgrades for both the interior and exterior.
- How to incorporate water features and outdoor living areas to enlarge the effective living area.
- Simple ways to stage a home for maximum impact.
- Important tax considerations and tips on dealing with contractors.
- "Should you hire a Realtor to help you sell your home?" - Laura addresses this controversial question.
The book provides a separate chapter, with plenty of design ideas, pictures, and tips, for each part of a house, such as kitchens, bathrooms, living rooms, bedrooms, entries & driveways, and outdoor living areas (including patios, koi ponds & swimming pools). After offering some general guidelines, Laura provides specific examples of what she has done, as well as tips to help the reader avoid many of her early mistakes.
According to Laura, "Whether you are struggling to start out with a very modest home in a low-cost area, or whether you are doing a major remodel to an upscale home in a pricey area, I'm certain that you will discover valuable design ideas...plus perhaps a little inspiration and a dose of confidence. In fact, just one tip literally may save you thousands of dollars and a bottle of Advil...not to mention your marriage!"
You can find more information at http://HomeUpgradeIdeas.com.
About Laura Martindale:
Laura is a freelance design consultant and self-taught home remodeling expert living in Santa Barbara, CA. She has performed dozens of projects on numerous homes over the past 16 years. This learning process has led her to a full-fledged passion for cost-effectively transforming outdated or plain vanilla homes. Her expertise is a direct result of her pursuit of this passion rather than a planned career choice.