New York, NY (PRWEB) June 5, 2008
Howcast Media today announced new content partnerships with Popular Science, Playboy Enterprises, Inc., LX.TV, Ford Models, 60Frames Entertainment, Somagirls.tv, and WatchMojo, adding to Howcast's collection of high quality, engaging how-to videos.
"What's exciting about these new content partners is that they help Howcast show our users the best, highest quality how-to videos on the Web. Our content partners are creative experts who have useful information to share and our users are now able to easily find it on Howcast.com," said Jason Liebman, CEO and co-founder of Howcast. "People can come to one destination to find the best how-to videos without having to spend time sorting through the entire Web to find a how-to video worth watching."
In return for helping Howcast grow its library of high quality how-to videos, these new content partners can reach an engaged audience in an environment tailored to meet the needs of people looking to learn how to do something new.
"We have been providing science and technology news for a long time, and we are committed to maintaining our high level of content delivery to our current fans and also to new audiences, whether it is reaching them through our magazine, on our Web site, PopSci.com, or through partnerships like Howcast," said Megan Miller, Popsci.com Digital Content director. "At Popular Science, we have dedicated a lot of time to creating new and fascinating content. By partnering with Howcast, we can share our content with a targeted audience looking for professionally produced videos."
Howcast welcomes the following content partners to its video library:
- Popular Science is a longstanding source of DIY projects and the go-to guide for what's new and what's next. On Howcast, Popular Science's 5-Minute Project team breaks down everything from slime to hard drives, and shows viewers what a snap these projects can be to make.
- Playboy Enterprises, Inc. is a global media and lifestyle company that markets the brand through a wide range of media properties, including Playboy.com. On Playboy's Howcast page, Playboy will show viewers how to live the "good life" with free, engaging how-to videos such as "How To Read a Strong Poker Hand" and "How To Approach a Girl At a Bar."
- LX.TV, a division of NBC Local Media, produces original, multi-platform lifestyle and cultural programming. LX.TV shows and content can be found on NBC television stations across the country as well as on-demand at lxtv.com. Through its partnership with Howcast, LX.TV is bringing the Howcast community short and entertaining how-to videos on the luxury lifestyle featuring the best of food, drink, art, wellness, and more. For example, viewers can learn "How To Select Scotch Whiskey" and "How To Collect Photography."
- Ford Models is the world's most established fashion talent management company. Ford Models and Howcast show viewers how-to videos featuring models and hair and beauty experts sharing their best kept secrets on hair, makeup, and style.
- 60Frames Entertainment, a leading digital media financing and syndication company, produces and distributes many popular online series including WhoWhatWearTV, a weekly video guide to exploring celebrity and runway trends. On Howcast, WhoWhatWearTV videos feature specific fashion episodes with stylists offering detailed explanations of the season's most wanted trends, and show viewers how to achieve that look.
- Somagirls.tv, produced by Soma Management, is a daily celebrity news show profiling cutting edge trends and proven classics in beauty, fashion, health, travel, and entertainment. Somagirls.tv videos on Howcast feature how-to videos on lifestyle topics ranging from "How To Get Into Spring Fashions" to "How To Get Model Abs."
- WatchMojo, one of the largest producers, publishers, and syndicators of automotive, entertainment, fashion, health, lifestyle, and travel video content for broadband platforms across the Web, wireless and out-of-home digital video markets.WatchMojo's partnership with Howcast gives viewers access to a variety of entertaining and informational content such as "How To Choose the Right Jeans" and "How To Change Your Car's Oil" from a girl's perspective.
About Howcast Media
Founded by veterans of Google and YouTube, Howcast brings together the personality of user-generated content with the quality of a professional video studio to create engaging, informative, and free how-to videos for consumers. It also offers emerging filmmakers an opportunity to gain experience, exposure, and income. With high quality, compelling video content, Howcast opens new opportunities for viewers, video producers, content distributors, and advertisers. Want to learn how to look great in photographs, roast a perfect chicken, or jump-start your car? Visit http://www.howcast.com to find out how. Howcast currently has offices in New York City and San Francisco and is looking for talented individuals to join its growing team as well as emerging filmmakers to join the Howcast Directors Program.