Englewood Cliffs, NJ (PRWEB) June 6, 2008
Summer is officially here. But before heading out for fun in the sun, make sure to know the facts. iVillage.com, the leading online destination for women, has all the information to make this summer the best yet.
iVillage Beauty & Style knows the shopping dilemmas women face this time of year. That is why they have launched Make a Splash, an all-things-summer guide to style tips for the season. Shopping for the perfect bathing suit? How about a pair of shades to go with an outfit? And speaking of rays, what's the 411 on the dangers of tanning? At iVillage Beauty & Style:
- Discover this summer's "it" list of the hottest swimsuits and find a swimsuit that flatters,
- Shop for a pair of summer shades by clicking through the best sunglasses for a specific face shape,
- Read up on the hidden dangers of tanning,
- Find out what's in and out for summer from fashion industry experts, and
- Learn more about what's inside the ultimate beach tote!
Still have a few more pounds to shed before putting on that swimsuit? Losing weight for summer doesn't have to be a struggle. On Your Total Health Diet & Fitness:
- Tone up abs, trim thighs and get in shape with these fun summer fitness trends,
- Find summer-friendly diet tips and healthy snack ideas to help boost weight loss this season, and
- Learn how to indulge without the bulge and save calories at the next summer bbq.
Getting some sun can not only lead to a fabulous tan, but be good to one's health as well! It's an au natural way of getting a daily dose of vitamin D, and in The Sunshine Vitamin slideshow on Your Total Health, you can read up on how to be exposed to vitamin D and the preventative potential of it in terms of such health concerns as colon cancer, blood pressure and MS. At the same time, readers can learn more about skin cancer risk from sun exposure. Other features on Your Total Health include:
- An article by Charles Noe called Shedding New Light on Vitamin D and
- The Skin Cancer Controversy, an expert Q&A interview with Heather Graham and skin cancer expert Marianne Berwick, Ph. D., M.P.H. discussing sun exposure, vitamin D and melanoma risk.
Feeling the heat from the pressure of entertaining the kids this summer? Dr. Michele Borba's Parenting Secrets blog answers questions about everything from de-scheduling the kids for summer to deciding what the right age is to enroll them in summer camp. To occupy the kids with outdoor toys, make sure to check with iVillage's Chief Toy Officer, Elizabeth Werner, for her favorite items. And for moms-to-be, don't give on fashion sense this summer! With help from maternity wear expert, Liz Lange, iVillage's Maternity Fashion Fitter will show pregnant women what styles work for them, and give them the tools to build their own maternity look. iVillage Pregnancy & Parenting covers everything on the minds of mommies this season!
For the days to spend indoors and just catch the latest summer blockbuster at the theater, iVillage Entertainment presents their 2008 Summer Movie Guide, offering a look at all the hottest and most highly anticipated movies coming out this season. Kimberly Potts profiles each movie and their release dates, cast, reasons to see the movie as well as anticipated box office numbers.
About iVillage Inc.
iVillage Inc., a division of NBC Universal, is the first and largest media company dedicated exclusively to connecting women at every stage of their lives. As the leading online destination for women, iVillage.com offers an authentic community infused with compelling content from experts on health, parenting, pregnancy, beauty, style, fitness, relationships, food and entertainment. The site's interactive features include thousands of message boards and a wide variety of social networking tools, allowing women around the world to connect, share ideas, and seek advice and support about everything from fertility to fashion.
Established in 1995, iVillage's brand extensions include iVillage UK, iVillage Total Health and owned sites Astrology.com, GardenWeb and gURL.com, in addition to the Newborn Channel. The company, acquired by NBC Universal in May 2006, is based in New York.
NBC Universal Digital Media & iVillage
kristie.chong @ nbcuni.com