New York, NY (PRWEB) June 5, 2008
Big Communications, a leading healthcare marketing agency, has been acquired by Meredith Corporation, one of America's premier media and marketing companies. AdMedia Partners (http://www.admediapartners.com), independent M&A advisors specializing in mergers and acquisitions for digital and traditional media, marketing and information businesses, represented Big Communications in the acquisition.
Terms were not disclosed. Big Communications will operate as a wholly owned subsidiary of Meredith and become part of the Corporation's business-to-business division, Meredith Integrated Marketing.
Big Communications (http://www.bigcommunications.com) was founded in 1994 and is actively engaged with more than 20 of the world's leading pharmaceutical, biotech and managed care companies. Big develops innovative marketing and communications programs that enable these companies to drive brand growth through innovative and strategic multi-channel solutions. With over 100 employees, Big has received numerous awards for creative work and client solutions and has been recognized for three consecutive years by Inc. Magazine as one of the 500 fastest growing privately held companies in the US. It will continue to be based in Ferndale, Michigan.
Meredith has made a number of strategic investments in recent years to broaden its audiences; enhance its online and video content creation expertise; expand its distribution platforms; and increase its sales and marketing capabilities. These have included the creation of digital and video content libraries; significant enhancement of its online activities; acquisition of leading-edge interactive marketing firms; expansion of Hispanic market activities; and the establishment of Meredith Video Solutions.
About AdMedia Partners
AdMedia Partners (http://www.admediapartners.com) is a leading boutique merger and acquisition firm that provides middle market M&A advisory services to advertising and marketing services, media and publishing, and related Internet businesses. Founded in 1990 and located in New York City, the firm has completed over 150 transactions worth over $5 billion since 1999.
Select recent healthcare, marketing services and Internet marketing transactions completed by AdMedia Partners include:
- Representing Chandler Chicco, a full-service, global healthcare public relations firm, in its acquisition by inVentiv Health, Inc.
- Representing Medical Broadcasting Company, one of the largest independent interactive healthcare agencies, in its acquisition by Digitas Inc.
- Representing Ignite Health, a leading interactive healthcare marketing agency, in its acquisition by inVentiv Health.
- Representing New Media Strategies, a leading online word-of-mouth marketing agency, in its acquisition by Meredith Corporation.
- Representing Genex, an interactive marketing services firm that specializes in online customer relationship marketing, in its acquisition by Meredith Corporation.
- Representing Refinery, an interactive marketing solutions agency, in its acquisition by WPP's G2 Worldwide.
- Representing iCrossing, a global digital marketing company, in its acquisition of Web development agency Proxicom.
- Representing i33, an award-winning digital design, development and marketing firm, in its acquisition by 360i, a leading independent digital agency and a subsidiary of Innovation Interactive LLC.
- Representing CFM Direct, a leading direct marketing agency, in its acquisition by Merkle, a leading database marketing agency.
- Representing Spannerworks, a leading U.K. search engine marketing agency, in its acquisition by iCrossing.
About Big Communications
Big Communications (http://www.bigcommunications.com) is the leading healthcare communications company focused on driving brand growth through innovative and strategic multi-channel solutions. The company focuses on the unique space between brand teams and their core audiences. Big reaches these audiences by developing custom solutions and executing engaging tactics to maximize sales force effectiveness and positively impact physician and patient interactions to promote better healthcare outcomes. The company specializes in creative and content development; digital strategy, design, and execution; performance development, and tactical planning.
About Meredith Corporation
Meredith Corporation (http://www.meredith.com) is one of America's premier media and marketing companies. Meredith combines well-known national brands - including Better Homes and Gardens, Parents, Ladies' Home Journal, Family Circle, American Baby, Fitness and More - with local television brands in fast growing markets. Meredith is the industry leader in creating content in key consumer interest areas such as home, family, health and wellness and self-development. Meredith then uses multiple distribution platforms - including print, television, online, mobile and video - to give consumers content they desire and to deliver the messages of its marketing partners. Additionally, Meredith uses its many assets to create powerful custom marketing solutions for many of the nation's top brands and companies. The goals of these programs are to increase consumer loyalty and produce repeated consumer interaction. In the last two years, Meredith has significantly added to its capabilities in this area through the acquisition of cutting-edge companies in areas such as online, word-of-mouth and database marketing. Meredith employs approximately 3,300 people throughout the United States, including approximately 1,000 in Des Moines and 750 in New York City. Meredith's 2007 annual revenues were $1.6 billion.