Canberra, ACT (PRWEB) June 7, 2008
Funnelback, a leading Internet & Enterprise Search engine company, has just released version 8 of its search engine technology.
"Funnelback 8 reaches broader and deeper into the many information repositories used by large organisations. It also incorporates the advantages of web 2.0 and automated search result categorisation technology to enable users to interact with information in a way that makes sense to them," says Funnelback CEO, Brett Matson. This release also includes over 300 other refinements.
Key new features and enhancements include:
- Ability to search content within Microsoft SharePoint, Lotus Domino, Hummingbird DM, Documentum Content Server, Interwoven WorkSite, SAP KM Portal, IBM Websphere Portal and BEA Weblogic Portal.
- Faceted navigation (search result categorisation).
- End-user tagging of search results.
- End-user feedback of search results.
- Ability to retrieve non-web resources at query time to support complex business requirements.
- More efficient, robust and scalable database search.
- Support for crawling of content behind web forms.
- Content feeds API.
- Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai language support.
- Enhanced system diagnostics.
The much anticipated Version 8 will be offered in both the SaaS and software based search products.
Funnelback is an enterprise search engine company. Our technology is used to search information across the breadth of an organization. We offer hosted search solutions as well as in-house server installed solutions. We search across websites, intranets, portals, databases, file shares and many other data sources. Our feature rich, high powered, customizable, search engine allows organizations to find accurate information quickly and easily. Funnelback is used by organisations in Australia, North America and the UK. We have an extensive blue chip customer base including Commonwealth and State government agencies, over one third of all Universities in Australia, the Australian Broadcasting Corporation, Westpac Banking Corporation, the Australian Stock Exchange, CareerOne and ninemsn. To find out more visit Funnelback.
For further information
Contact: Brett Matson
Phone: (02) 6229 1715
Mobile: 0403 984 600
# # #