Energy Curtailment Specialists, Inc. Enters Into Agreement with Southern California Edison for 40 MW

Share Article

Program to focus on large electricity users.

Allowing the customer to determine how load shedding takes place is critical for many large industrial facilities, and is something ECS believes is essential for the customer. What manufacturer is going to allow a third party to control their production lines?

Energy Curtailment Specialists, Inc. (ECS), the leading provider of clean” demand response solutions, announced today that it has signed a demand response agreement with Southern California Edison (SCE).

The agreement is a year-round contract to provide 40 MW of on-call demand reductions to SCE in both the winter and summer months. A unique characteristic of ECS’ program is that it requires day-ahead notice for customers and caps the number of hours customers can be called upon. ECS has already launched two highly successful demand response programs in both the Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) and San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E) territories.

One month after launching its PG&E program, ECS’ customers contributed over 60% of available demand response in PG&E’s AMP program, with five other providers combining to account for the remaining 40%. The new agreement with SCE is still subject to final approval by the California Public Utilities Commission.

ECS will aggregate load curtailment from industrial, institutional, and commercial customers within SCE’s service territory. Unlike most other demand response service providers, ECS typically does not remotely control a customer’s site, but allows customers the choice of how load curtailment will occur at their facilities.

“Allowing the customer to determine how load shedding takes place is critical for many large industrial facilities, and is something ECS believes is essential for the customer. What manufacturer is going to allow a third party to control their production lines?” asked Glen Smith, president, chief executive officer, and co-founder of ECS. “At ECS the customer is first, we recognize that customers are each unique, they all don’t fit in the same box, and maximizing customer participation in our program comes from customer choice.”

About Energy Curtailment Specialists, Inc.:
Energy Curtailment Specialists, Inc. is the largest privately held demand response provider in North America, currently serving markets in New York, California, New England, Kansas City, PJM territories and Ontario, Canada. ECS offers turnkey, administrative and a la carte demand response services.
For more information, call 877-711-5453 or visit http://www.ecscal.com.

Contact:
Tracey Penner
Communications Specialist, ECS
877-711-5453 ext. 233
tpenner @ ecsny.com

###

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Tracey Penner
Visit website