Each of these selected winners strives to raise the bar for workplace excellence and demonstrates to the business community that workplace excellence is not just a ‘nice thing to do’ but it is a strategic business imperative for financial success
Bethesda, MD (PRWEB) June 11, 2008
Wellness Corporate Solutions is proud to be a corporate partner of The Alliance for Workplace Excellence. On June 19th, the Alliance will hold their Annual Awards Luncheon. This event, hosted by Kathleen Mathews, will recognize the 62 winners of the 2008 Workplace Excellence Award and the 19 winners of the Health & Wellness Trailblazer Award. More than 600 business executives from the Greater DC area will be attending the luncheon to recognize their peers who are leaders in providing an excellent workplace environment for their employees. The 2008 winning companies represent more than 1.3 million employees from small, medium and large, private, nonprofit and public sector businesses.
These outstanding winning employers are committed to providing balanced leadership through inclusive and flexible corporate culture and management practices; family and employee friendly policies and programs; strong health and wellness practices; strong health and wellness programs; growth and learning opportunities; and a commitment to corporate, social, and civic responsibility. Winners are selected after a comprehensive evaluation process that is run by an Independent Review Panel of professors, PhD professionals, and PhD students of business, industrial and organizational psychology and Human Resources.
“These award-wining employers realize that creating a sustained culture of workplace excellence and supporting workforce health and wellness makes good business sense,” said Fiona Gathright, President of Wellness Corporate Solutions. “Each of these selected winners strives to raise the bar for workplace excellence and demonstrates to the business community that workplace excellence is not just a ‘nice thing to do’ but it is a strategic business imperative for financial success,” Gathright concluded.
The Alliance for Workplace Excellence, is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that supports the pursuit of workplace excellence with training and education, awards of recognition and community awareness.
Wellness Corporate Solutions is a leading provider of comprehensive employee wellness programs including important health screening, health coaching for high risk employees, health education seminars and programs, and incentivized employee health challenges. Our services and programs are conducted by professional and experienced staff, and our clients include employers with 100 to 10,000 employees. Wellness Corporate Solutions is dedicated to providing creative, flexible wellness programs that save employers money by impacting their health care bottom line.
2008 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval Winners:
1. Adventist Rehabilitation Hospital of Maryland
2. Allstate Insurance Company
3. American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
4. BDO Seidman ,LLP
5. Booz Allen Hamilton
6. Calvert Group, Ltd.
7. Calvert Memorial Hospital
8. Carlson Restaurants Worldwide
9. Carmax, Inc.
10. Carroll Hospital Center
11. Chesapeake-Potomac Home Health Agency
12. Chevy Chase Bank
13. Choice Hotels International, Inc.
14. Civista Health, Inc.
15. College of Southern Maryland
16. Comtech Mobile Datacom
17. Corporate Network Services, Inc.
18. Credit Suisse
19. Discovery Communications, LLC
20. Equals Three Communications, Inc.
21. Federal Realty Investment Trust
23. First Data USA
24. Futron Corporation
25. GenVec, Inc.
26. Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine
27. Holy Cross Hospital
28. Honest Tea
29. Hughes Network Services
30. Human Genome Sciences
31. Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
32. KPMG LLP
33. LifeWork Strategies
34. Loiederman Soltesz Associates, Inc.
35. Marriott International, Inc.
36. MCT Federal Credit Union
37. Mental Health Association of Montgomery County
38. Mid-Atlantic Federal Credit Union
39. Montgomery College
40. MorganFranklin Corporation
41. National Institutes of Health Federal Credit Union
42. Optimal Networks, Inc.
43. Post-Newsweek Media, Inc.
44. PTG International, Inc.
46. Randstad USA
47. SAIC-Frederick, Inc.
48. Sandy Spring Bank
49. Social & Scientific Systems
50. SRA International, Inc.
51. Stanley, Inc.
52. Suburban Hospital
53. Sybase, Inc.
55. The Humane Society of the United States
56. The MITRE Corporation
57. The Motley Fool
58. VCU Health Systems
59. Verizon Wireless
60. Washington Real Estate Investment Trust
61. Washington Suburban Sanitation Commission
2008 Health & Wellness Winners:
1. American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
2. Calvert Group, Ltd.
3. Calvert Memorial Hospital
4. Carroll Hospital Center
5. Choice Hotels International, Inc.
6. Civista Health, Inc.
7. Comtech Mobile Datacom
8. Credit Suisse
9. Discovery Communication, LLC
10. Federal Realty Investment Trust
11. GenVec, Inc.
12. Holy Cross Hospital
13. Hughes Network Systems
14. Marriott International, Inc.
15. Montgomery College
16. Social &Scientific Systems, Inc.
18. The MITRE Corporation
19. Verizon Wireless
This event is open for press coverage. Those wishing to attend must call Liz Sobrino at 301-229-7555 by June 15, 2008.
This press release was distributed through eMediawire by Human Resources Marketer (HR Marketer: http://www.HRmarketer.com) on behalf of the company listed above.