Events are at the heart of Chicago's character and vitality, so it's important for people to have an easy way to find out what's going on
San Diego, CA (PRWEB) June 12, 2008
Eventful, Inc. (eventful.com), the leading global events Web site, today announced the launch of a dedicated Chicago events guide, enabling people to search and discover things to do throughout the city. Whether they are into concerts, baseball games, street fairs, wine tasting or family events -- they can now find them all at Eventful.com/Chicago.
Eventful offers users the largest selection of Chicago events, with more than 22,000 events currently listed. Chicagoans and visitors can search by category, performer or venue to find Chicago events to suit their interests. Users can sign up for email alerts when their favorite performers are coming to town and create a personal watch list to keep track of all of the events they are interested in. They can also share events with friends via the site and see how many people are interested in attending, making it easier to organize groups of friends. They can even add their own events for free, promoting them to users in Chicago and across the international Eventful community.
Worldwide, Eventful has more than eight million future events to discover, from concerts and sports to conferences and festivals.
Chicago listings at Eventful.com/Chicago include:
Chicago Family Activities:
- Cirque Shanghai: Gold -- Cirque Shanghai returns to Navy Pier's Pepsi Skyline stage this summer with a world premiere of its new full-scale theatrical production, "Gold."
- Kidz Bop Live: Kidz Bop Live is the concert by kids for kids! Come rock out to your favorite songs with a cast of kids that are sure to blow your socks off!
- Wiggles: The Wiggles -- the fast-dancing, fun-loving foursome from Australia take their show on the road. The Wiggles have entertained children throughout the world, appearing on the Disney Channel and in such movies as Hoop-Dee-Doo!
- Walking with Dinosaurs: The Live Experience -- Dinosaurs return to the earth in Walk With Dinosaurs The Live Experience! The show is based on the award-winning BBC Television Series and brought to life by The Creature Production Company.
- Clay Sculpture (Family Workshop): Visit the Kraft Education Center at the Art Institute of Chicago for a clay sculpture workshop for the whole family.
- Lil Wayne Concert, House of Blues: Lil Wayne performs at the House of Blues promoting his newest album, Tha Carter 3.
- Kenny Chesney & LeAnn Rimes: See Kenny Chesney and LeAnn Rimes at the Poets and Pirates Tour!
- Gavin Degraw: See Gavin perform at the Rialto Square Theatre.
- Warped Tour with Angels & Airwaves, Relient K, The Academy Is…, Everytime I Die: Artists perform live at the First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre in Tinley Park.
Chicago Political Events:
- David Sirota and In These Times Panel Discussion: Political journalist and New York Times bestselling author David Sirota will be featured at a panel discussion with fellow authors Thomas Geoghegan and Rick Perlstein about the history of The Uprising and its roots in Chicago's activist politics.
- Chicago Finance Event for John McCain: John McCain returns to Illinois for a finance reception in Chicago at The Drake Hotel.
- Obama-Fest: It's a fundraising party! Since his win on 6/3, we've stepped up the party a couple notches! Drummers will kick us off at 4 p.m. We will have a press conference at 5 p.m. Entertainment and DJ to follow.
Chicago Street Fairs and Festivals:
- Salsa Festival 2008 "Opening Night" - Featuring Angel Melendez tribute to Hector Lavoe, dance performance showcase by the best salsa dancers and world renowned salsa deejays.
- Long Grove Strawberry Festival: The suburb of Long Grove will host its annual Strawberry Festival. Enjoy all things strawberry.
- Midwest Independent Film Festival: The nation's only film festival solely dedicated to the Midwest filmmaker, presenting audiences with regionally produced independent cinema every first Tuesday of the month at Landmark Century Centre Cinema.
- Festival of Life: Dedicated to Health Awareness -- Headliners include: Beenieman, Junior Reid, Gregory Isaacs and Baby Cham. Also featuring: Mr. C-Casper, Margurite Gatling & The Inspirational Charms, Lafayette Gatling & The Christland Singers, Farley "Jackmaster" Funk, D-Wise Lobo, Fire Works, Tubbis, D-Lux Haitian Band, Gypsi Fari and more.
- Pitchfork Music Festival: Pitchfork Music Festival including Public Enemy, Spoon, Ghostface & Raekwon, Vampire Weekend and many more!
- Chicago Cubs: Check out the Cubs' complete season schedule for 2008.
- Chicago White Sox: The White Sox's full season schedule at U.S. Cellular Field.
- City Chase Chicago: City Chase is a one-day urban adventure race that NBC Chicago has billed as 'A real-life reality TV show...Think Fear Factor meets Amazing Race.'
- Race to Taste: Take part in the 5K run / 2-mile walk and then stay for the Taste of Chicago's entertainment and food. The run / walk takes racers along the beautiful lakefront path.
"Events are at the heart of Chicago's character and vitality, so it's important for people to have an easy way to find out what's going on," said Jordan Glazier, CEO of Eventful. "Eventful is a great resource to help Chicagoans discover the full breadth of activities and events and get involved in their local community, plus it's also a great tool for visitors to make the most of a trip to Chicago."
Eventful's Chicago events section is now available and full of a wide range of events for the entire Chicago-area region. Chicago-area residents can start searching for events today by visiting Eventful.com/Chicago.
About Eventful Inc.
San Diego based Eventful, Inc., operates Eventful.com, the leading events Web site, which enables its community of users to discover, promote, share and create events throughout the world. Eventful users select from more than eight million upcoming events taking place in local markets throughout the world, from concerts and sports to singles events and political rallies. Eventful's Demand service enables users to influence where their favorite performers appear by creating viral grass-roots campaigns to "Demand" them in their town. http://eventful.com
# # #