Our booth is designed to highlight the success the digital signage industry is experiencing throughout the world.
Exton, PA (PRWEB) June 13, 2008
Scala, the leading provider of end-to-end solutions for the digital signage market, today announced it will demonstrate the new version of Scala Release 3 at InfoComm08 -- June 18 - 20, 2008 in Las Vegas, NV. Visit Scala for more information and a demonstration at booth number #N6931
The highlight of the show will be the version of Scala Release 3. Release 3 represents Scala's ongoing commitment to excellence and to our customers. New features in this release include:
- Scala now has a new high-performance video-playback engine that provides faster videos playback, including 60fps video, and HD video on suitable hardware
- Scala now supports playback of H.264 (MPEG-4) video files. H.264 offers high visual quality at a smaller file size than MPEG-2 or WMV files
- You can create text in languages such as Arabic, Thai, Hebrew, Hindi, Vietnamese, and other complex writing systems
- The new Broadcast Server module for Scala Content Manager allows you to distribute content and plans to players using a multicast or package delivery network
- Support for playing and controlling external audio sources from the "Line Input" of your sound card
- When setting up a dual-channel player, you can now configure the PC's displays to be in spanning / stretched mode, which performs better and looks cleaner than using two independent displays
- Support for text-entry field elements from the Buttons panel allowing you to create interactive applications that take keyboard input
- If your Scala Player is behind a proxy server, you can now specify the proxy server's URL, username, and password
- In Scala Content Manager, sub-playlists can be easily created by multi-selecting media items and clicking Create Sub-Playlist
- Text elements using variables, and text crawls now support in-line and adjacent style changes for font, color, italics, size, etc.
- In Scala Content Manager, you can now "synchronize players" instead of "generating plans" and the new Distribution screen efficiently manages this for both conventional and broadcast connections.
Also in the Scala booth are industry partner solutions including:
- ProVision - 3DEO Mini - 3D graphic images
- Avocent - demonstrating state-of-the-art wireless digital signage solutions
- NetFaze - demonstrating their interactive casino solutions
- LG Electronics - LCD Screens/Players for the Digital Signage Marketplace
"It's going to be an exciting show this year," says Andrea Waldin, Director of Marketing for Scala. "Our booth is designed to highlight the success the digital signage industry is experiencing throughout the world."
Founded in 1987, Scala pioneered the Digital Signage industry and today remains the world's largest provider of software for creating digital signage networks, driving more screens that all competitors combined. The company's InfoChannel product line is used for dynamic digital media networks in retail, education, entertainment, government and other industries for diverse applications such as Retail Advertising networks (Retail TV), Corporate Communications (Employee TV), Digital Billboards, Digital Menu Boards, Digital Posters, Community Access channels (Cable TV), Hotel lobby signage and information channels, Gas Pump "toppers", Convention Center Signage, Interactive touch-screens and Kiosks, etc. The Company's cutting-edge InfoChannel software platform powers thousands of digital signs around the world including the digital signage networks of Rabobank, IKEA, Bloomberg, Burger King, T-Mobile, Virgin MegaStore, EuroDisney, Kiwi, McDonalds, Warner Brothers, Santiago Airport, Ericsson, The Life Channel, Rikstoto, FuelCast, Repsol, Shell, NorgesGruppen, The Wall Street Journal Office Network and many more. Scala is today headquartered near Philadelphia, PA and has wholly-owned subsidiaries in The Netherlands, France, Norway, and Japan with a direct presence in a number of other locations and countries. Scala's products are primarily sold through an international network of Scala Certified Partners. More information is available at http://www.scala.com.
©2008 Scala, Inc. 350 Eagleview Blvd. Exton, PA 19341. Scala, InfoChannel, and the Exclamation Point Logo are registered trademarks of Scala, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective organizations.