Swimming Pool in a Can!
Fairfield, CT (Vocus) June 17, 2008
Perfect for a day at the beach, or for the backyard barbeque that follows, Girlawhirl’s free summertime giveaways, valued at more than $300, will be awarded to three lucky winners, at the end of June, July and August. To register, simply visit girlawhirl.com and click on the Summer Giveaways link, or any link that directs you to register for the site’s e-mail list.
“Every summer has its new or reinvented must-have products that are on the top of every girl’s wish list,” says girlawhirl.com founder, Linda LaSala. “Last year’s phenomenon, FitFlops, are back in new styles, colors and patterns. Origins Organics, Clinique and Tela Guardian have a host of terrific, new sun protection and skin soothing products, while Honest Tea and Wholemato Organics and Seasoned Skewers add flavors, and a new organic twist, to the traditional backyard barbeque.”
Girlawhirl.com editors’ must-have summer picks include:
- FitFlops – Listed last week as a “must have” on Oprah’s annual “Top Picks for Summer” list, and one of Footwear Plus’ best Wellness Products for 2007, Fit Flops uses patent pending technology to challenge the leg muscles with each step, and they look great too!
- Beauty Blankets – Created by artist Heather Worth, and crafted using the finest cotton and cashmere available, Beauty Blankets are the bathing beauty’s beach blanket of choice!
- Origins Organics – The first full line of prestige skin, body and hair care products to be certified by the USDA National Organic Program. Good for the skin, tonic for the soul!
--Purifying Tonic -- using the legendary beauty ingredient, willow bark, the precursor of many modern treatments, Purifying Tonic gently controls surface shine and excess oil without over drying while keeping pores clean and clear. It brightens, tones, calms and soothes skin.
--Soothing Lip Balm -- with moisture-nourishing organic shea and cocoa butters and organic sunflower, safflower, palm, coconut and vanilla pils plant a great big kiss of softness and smoothness to make dry lips feel great.
--Silkening Body Spritz -- uses fine quality organic soy lecithin, known for its amazing ability to draw water from thin air to increase skin hydration, and organic sunflower oil, with its essential fatty acids and vitamins to make skin softer, smoother, and more supple
- Clinique – Body Spray SPF 30 Sun Block provides high-level, full spectrum UVA/UVB sun protection in an oil-free spray. And with skin-defending vitamins, helps prevent signs of premature aging!
- Tela Guardian – Catch the beach hair wave with Tele Guardian’s lightweight, greaseless SPF-18 sun-guard for hair. Features unique organic micro-molecular structures, herb and plant proteins that soothe and protect the scalp and hair from harmful UV rays and heat styling.
- Sex in the City: The Movie – The most sought-after beach read, Sex in the City’s movie's companion book dishes out the behind-the-scenes scoop on the ins and outs, the actors and the fashions of these sexy women-about-town.
- Honest Tea – Ice Tea has never tasted so good! Sweetened with less sugar and calories than most bottled drinks, Honest Tea is an organic thirst-quencher Girlawhirl adores!
- Splash Cool – Take a dive into this “Swimming Pool in a Can!” Just one spritz with the purified water mist offers an immediate cooling effect!
- Elizabeth W – Bring the benefits of sea salt into your beauty routine! Revitalize the skin, clear toxins, stimulate circulation, and promote new cell growth in the bath, with this unique blend of sea salts.
- Red – Keeping feet baby soft and sandal-ready, Red’s 13-tool manicure kit has it all: nail scissors, foot brush and stone, cuticle nipper, 4-way buffer, pedicure file, toenail clippers and toe separators.
- Wholemato Organic – Wholemato ketchup uses agave nectar, instead of the high-fructose corn syrup used to sweeten most other ketchups. Summer’s favorite condiment has never tasted this good!
- Fruit Stickles – Imparting flavors like cinnamon and tropical fruit, from the inside out, these curvy seasoned skewers give barbeques a tasteful, new edge!
- What’s a Dame to Do? – Move over “Beach Blanket Bingo, there’s a new game in town! What’s a Dame to Do is a new question and answer game that helps girlfriends find out, once and for all, how well they really know each other.
“Girlawhirl’s collection of summertime treats captures the spirit of the carefree summer,” says LaSala. “This summer giveaway is our gift to every fashionista who can’t wait to kick off her shoes in the sand!”
A shopping-centric e-zine for busy women ages 24-45, Girlawhirl.com was founded in 2005 by fashion industry executives, Marlen Horn and Linda LaSala. As LaSala's alter ego, Girlawhirl is a true shopper, discovering and sharing her fabulous finds with readers. Girlawhirl.com offers fresh, upbeat editorial content to a global network of hundreds of thousands of hungry fashionistas, whose interests naturally migrate from fashion into all kinds of lifestyle trends. Girlawhirl.com covers a wide range of topics, from fun and functional - but never outrageously priced – summer fashion trends and summertime beauty products to friendship tips, eco friendly ideas and work-life balance, to fitness and healthy eating, home design and, of course, travel. There’s even an online shopping mall and computer based to do lists, grocery lists, shopping lists, outfit planning lists and itinerary tracking lists at girlawhirl.com to keep readers organized and to make online shopping fast and easy. And, each year, she prides herself on having the very best giveaways and charity promotions, including this year’s Super Summertime Giveaways and Girlawhirl’s charity: water challenge. This month, girlawhirl.com is donating $1 for each new registered user (up to $2,000) to charity: water, to help build a clean-water well in an under-developed community.