where kids can do what they wannado.
Past News ReleasesRSS
East Rutherford, NJ (PRWEB) June 19, 2008
Rising at the Meadowlands Sports Complex in Northern New Jersey the Meadowlands Xanadu is a 4.8 million-square-foot Entertainment Destination that will offer visitors of all ages a broad array of engaging experiences, including interactive Entertainment venues, fine Dining, Outdoor Amusements, runway fashion shows and its main attraction--America's first Snow Dome for Indoor Skiing.
The project, based on a similar one in Madrid, Spain, will be divided into 5 areas:
Sports: Sports enthusiasts can watch their favorite NFL pre-game show on a 3 story video wall, and participate in tailgating parties, contests and events featuring favorite athletes. There will also be a Barbecue area and TV Production and Broadcast Studio.
- Snowdome: A 250,000 square-foot (23,000 m²), Indoor Ski Resort that will be open year round. It is the first Indoor Ski Resort in the U.S.
- SkyVenture: A state-of-the-art Skydiving Simulator and Vertical Wind Tunnel.
- Formula One raceway: An Indoor Race Car facility owned by Formula One.
- Bergen Ballpark at the Meadowlands: The Bergen Ballpark at the Meadowlands will be an 8,000-seat Baseball-only stadium housing the Bergen Cliff Hawks.
- Bergen River Dogs Stadium: A Lacrosse Stadium that will house the Bergen River Dogs.
- Cabela's: A 175,000 square-foot Outdoor Equipment Store including a Mountain Replica with running Waterfalls and Streams, a Trout Pond and trophy animals in re-creations of their distinct habitats, a 40,000-gallon Freshwater Aquarium.
Entertainment: An entertainment area will include a ribbon of Giant Digital Screens that will feature Music Videos and Movie Trailers for upcoming releases.
- Borders Books and Music.
- Entertainment Weekly Center: An area providing the leading source of news, reviews and commentary on the world of entertainment and & pop culture.
- House of Blues: The 1,500-seat House of Blues at Meadowlands Xanadu will feature the best in Southern-style Dining and hospitality and an eclectic collection of unique merchandise.
- Digital Playground: A new concept store owned by Circuit City that will add the feel of a Consumer Electronics Trade Show to the Meadowlands Xanadu Entertainment district.
- Muvico Theaters: As the country's largest theater, the 26-screen, 160,000 square-foot Egyptian-themed Muvico will host film festivals and opening-night premieres.
- Lucky Strike: An upscale Bowling Lounge that brings together Bowling and Entertainment. Visitors will Bowl in a contemporary decor with a 1930's/1940's feel while enjoying American cuisine in an upscale Restaurant and Lounge.
Youth Culture: An area called "Youth Culture" will include Children's stores, Interactive Games, and Play Areas.
- Party House: A multi-venue Entertainment Complex that will span 2 levels and feature a Roller Rink, Sports Simulation Arcade, and an 18-Hole Miniature Golf Course.
- It's Sugar!: The largest specialty Sweets Store in the world, visitors will travel across a Candy-Themed Bridge over a 30-foot Chocolate Waterfall into a 36,000 square-foot city created out of sweets where they can enjoy a Candy-themed elevated ride and Candy Museum.
- Wannado City: This Indoor role-playing Amusement Center is billed as "where kids can do what they wannado."
Food & Home: A food area will include some restaurants and the food court, as well as Interior design stores.
- Balducci's: A Gourmet Food Market with on-premise Dining. Balducci's offers fresh perishable foods and chef-prepared meals, legendary brands, unusual imports, market stalls, tasting stations, pantry and household necessities and a dedication to offering the best tasting foods in the world.
- Cooking Studio: An area where visitors can watch world-renowned Chefs duel in competition on a Cooking Studio that will be featured on national TV.
- Viking Culinary Arts Center: A state-of-the-art Cooking School, theater-style demonstration area and themed ancillary retail located in the Food & Home District, visitors will be able to celebrate their passion for food by honing their cooking skills in a glass-enclosed teaching school.
- Strip House: A sophisticated Restaurant serving modern Steakhouse fare against a sultry backdrop of Red Velvet Banquettes and photographs of 1930's Burlesque Stars.
- Summer Shack: A Restaurant that will bring Seafood lovers the casual atmosphere and the fresh Seafood of a classic, rural New England Clam Shack.
Fashion: A fashion area will have most of the malls' stores, designer appearances, and Fashion Shows.
This area includes:
- Paris Runway: A uniquely designed Fashion Runway that will be the set for the Fashion Shows.
- Elle Pavilion: An exhibition and multimedia space that will create an innovative and accessible approach to the world of fashion, beauty and style. The Elle Pavilion will showcase content from Elle, Elle Girl, and Elle Decor in an interactive setting where visitors can gain a "behind-the-scenes" look at the fashion industry.
Meadowlands Xanadu will be a 'must visit' attraction for residenes and visitors to the New York and New Jersey area. Located just across the street from the Sheraton Meadowlands Hotel and Conference Center the Meadowlands Xanadu is also sure to be a hit among the Hotels Guests.
Additional Information about the http://www.sheratonmeadowlandshotel.com Sheraton Meadowlands Hotel & Conference Center.
Offering amazing views of the New York Skyline, the Sheraton Meadowlands Hotel & Conference Center recently completed a $17 million reinvention. Perfectly aligned with Sheraton's brand positioning around "belonging," the a full-service Starbucks® store and the Link @ Sheraton take center stage in the Hotel's completely renovated lobby.
Offering Guests a unique and convenient online experience the Link @Sheraton boasts 6 Internet-enabled workstations complete with free 24/7 Ethernet and Wi-Fi connectivity as well as PrintMe features.
Designed to function as a "virtual concierge," the Link @ Sheraton Website, available on all lounge and Guest Room computers, provides Guests with current local information such as weather conditions, nearby Restaurants and Attractions, and local driving directions. Guests and Hotel associates can also add their personal favorites and reviews of local Restaurants and Attractions to the Website.
All 427-newly renovated Guest Rooms feature the signature Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed, which boasts a multi-layered, lavishly plush custom-designed bed, sumptuous feather down pillows, crisp cotton sheets and a signature blanket and duvet. Other branded offerings include spacious Work Desks with Ergonomic Chairs, walk-in Showers and Coffee and Tea Service.
The Hotel also features the Sheraton brand's signature "Warm Welcome program. Created to provide a memorable arrival, Guests will be greeted by the Sheraton brand's signature "Warm Welcome" program. A personal greeting by a Sheraton Ambassador will make their passage into the Hotel less transactional and more of a true and personal welcome.
The new signature lobby scent "Welcoming Warmth" will also greet Guests as they arrive.
For a delicious meal, Guests can visit The Chairman's Grill and Lounge, a brand new Contemporary-retro themed Restaurant featuring American Cuisine with various regional influences. The menu and decor also play homage to local hero Frank Sinatra and features some of his favorite dishes.
In addition, a full service Starbucks with patio seating has opened as an outlet on the lobby level of the Hotel. The Sheraton Meadowlands Hotel also features 30,000 square-feet of Meeting Space that can accommodate any type of Event, from a Meeting for 2 to a reception for 1,300.
Guests can also take a moment to relax in the new Indoor Swimming Pool and Jacuzzi.
The Sheraton Meadowlands Hotel is owned by the Buccini/Pollin Group, a privately-held, full-service Real Estate acquisition, development and management company with offices in Wilmington, DE, suburban Philadelphia, Washington DC, and New York City. BPG has developed and acquired Hotels, Office, Multi-family, Townhouse, Industrial, Retail, and Parking properties in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeastern regions of the United States.
BPG has acquired or developed over $2 billion in assets including six million square feet of office, industrial and retail space in 64 buildings, over 2,500 Hotel Rooms in 16 Hotels, six major residential communities, and 1,200 covered parking spaces. BPG is the largest privately held office landlord in the Philadelphia region.
The Sheraton is managed by PM Hospitality Strategies, Inc.:
PM Hospitality Strategies Inc. is a privately-owned company providing management, development, consulting and accounting expertise for the Hospitality industry. PMHS is an award-winning Hospitality management organization, dedicated to providing leadership within the industry. Additional information about the company may be found on its Website: http://www.pmhs.com.