We believe that the new EuropeanHostels makes it easier than ever to find the perfect hostel, budget hotel, or B&B for your trip.
New York, NY (PRWEB) June 19, 2008
It's been more than a century since Richard Schirrmann opened the first youth hostel in Altena, Germany, and the demand for youth hostels in Europe has never let up. Today, just in time for the summer travel season, Over There Interactive announced the relaunch of EuropeanHostels.com. The new site brings sophisticated Web 2.0 technology and a customized search engine to the hostel research and booking process, all with the goal of making the budget accommodation search as simple as possible.
"Hostels remain an incredibly economical way to visit Europe, even with a sliding dollar," says Tom Meyers, President of Over There Interactive. "We believe that the new EuropeanHostels makes it easier than ever to find the perfect hostel, budget hotel, or B&B for your trip."
EuropeanHostels.com's new features include:
- Hostel and budget accommodation search engine: Travelers can research and book at more than 15,000 hostels, budget hotels, campsites, guesthouses, and B&Bs. The site provides hostel photos, amenities, descriptions, and directions. EuropeanHostels' search algorithm displays results based on central location, lowest price, highest user rating, and other factors.
- Free site membership and itinerary manager: EuropeanHostels members can manage itineraries for reservations, view hostel contact information, reference numbers, and directions. Members can log in to their reservations from anywhere in the world, minimizing the need for printouts---and even guidebooks!
- Editor's Picks and User Reviews: The site's editors highlight and write reviews of their favorite hostels in Europe. Members, too, post reviews and rate their stay at hostels.
- Smart Maps: Hostel search results appear on an interactive map "mash-up," with pegs that are color-coded by budget level. Maps also show member ratings, photos, and prices.
- Travel Forum: The EuropeanHostels.com forum lets hostellers discuss hostels and research destinations with fellow travelers. Members can set up RSS feeds for individual forum topics, upload user photos, and subscribe to individual topics.
- Hostel articles and city guides: Our editors have written helpful city guides for 38 European cities. Guides cover budget transportation, neighborhood information, free activities and festivals, plus city-related links. Destinations particularly popular with backpackers include Paris hostels, Rome hostels, and London hostels.
For more details and to start planning your next trip, please visit EuropeanHostels.com.
About EuropeanHostels.com: Founded in 1999, EuropeanHostels was one of the first youth hostel sites on the Web. EuropeanHostels is today owned by Over There Interactive, Inc., an online travel company that specializes in European budget travel and also produces EuroCheapo.com. The two sites provide thousands of budget accommodation listings and detailed city guides intended to help travelers save money during every step of their trip. Over There Interactive's websites have been featured in the New York Times, USA Today, Chicago Tribune, Washington Post, and Budget Travel magazine, among other publications. The company is based in New York City.