Singapore (PRWEB) June 21, 2008
Thirty-six organisations from across Asia, have been selected a finalists for one of the region's most prestigious award competitions that recognizes excellence in information technology management.
Banks, tertiary institutions, government departments and private enterprises from Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong , Indonesia, China and India (see list below) are among the finalists for the MIS Asia IT Excellence Awards.
These prestigious awards, now in their sixth year, recognise Asian IT organisations and CIO s for excellence in management and for using information technology to attain business goals. The MIS Asia IT Excellence Awards are one of the few such competitions which involve countries across the region. For more information, please visit - http://www.mis-asia.com/ITExcel08
After one of the biggest number of nominations in the history of the awards competition, an independent panel of respected IT executives has short-listed 36 organisations as finalists for the 10 available awards.
MIS Asia magazine - http://www.misweb.com - published by Fairfax Business Media Asia, is the region's leading user-focused IT management magazine circulated to some 10,650 CIOs and senior IT executives in Asia 's large to medium-sized enterprises, encouraging business-guided IT strategy by offering case studies and best practices. In July 2007, MIS Asia won the Best Business Technology Title award for the second year, at the MediaConnect Asia Technology Journalist Awards 2007.
MIS Asia magazine Editor Ross O. Storey said that the enthusiasm of the response to the call for nominations for the 2008 awards was impressive.
"The number of nominations that we received indicates the IT Excellence Awards have become recognized as a prestigious recognition of high quality IT management practice in the Asia region," Storey said.
"Our panel of eight independent judges is now involved in stage two of the assessment process. The 10 overall award winners will only be announced at a gala event in Singapore , on the evening of Friday, 1 August at the conclusion of our flagship annual MIS Summit, which, this year, has the theme 'The Art of Business IT Alignment'."
==MIS Asia 2008 IT Excellence Awards Finalists==
1. Best Business Enabler (Government)
- Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority Singapore
- Central Provident Fund Board Singapore (My CPF Project)
- Central Provident Fund Board Singapore (GST Offset Package 2007)
- Defence Science and Technology Agency Singapore
- Ministry of Community Development, Youth and Sports Singapore
- Singapore Land Authority
- Singapore Civil Defence Force (Hazmat)
- Urban Redevelopment Authority Singapore
2. Best Business Enabler (Private)
- HDFC Bank
- Nanyang Technological University
- Standard Chartered Bank (Thailand)
- Wumart Stores
- YCH Group
3. Best Change Management (Government)
- Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority
- JTC Corporation Singapore
4. Best Change Management (Private)
- CIMB Bank (ShARP)
- Lien Foundation
- Orient Overseas Container Line
5. Best IT Governance (Government)
- Ministry of Defence Singapore
- Ministry of Education Singapore
- Telekomunikasi Indonesia
6. Best IT Governance (Private)
- International SOS
- Unilever Asia (Operating Framework)
7. Best Bottom-line IT (Government)
- Housing and Development Board Singapore (Self-funding Strategy)
- Immigration & Checkpoints Authority Singapore
8. Best Bottom-line IT (Private)
- Agie Charmilles (Southeast Asia)
- British American Tobacco Group
- Helix Advisors India
- Hong Kong and China Gas Company
- Siam Commercial Bank
- Sunway Shared Services Centre
9. Best Security Strategy
- National University of Singapore
10. Best Knowledge Management
- Asian Paint
- CIMB Bank (AML/CFT System)
- Republic Polytechnic of Singapore
--- About Fairfax Business Media ---
Fairfax Business Media Asia publishes MIS Asia (http://www.misweb.com), CIO Asia (http://www.cio-asia.com), Computerworld Singapore (http://www.computerworld.com.sg) and Computerworld Malaysia (http://www.computerworld.com.my) magazines. It is part of Fairfax Media, Australasia's largest newspaper publisher with titles such as the Australian Financial Review, Business Review Weekly, The Sydney Morning Herald, The Melbourne Age, The Sun-Herald and The Canberra Times.
For inquiries on the MIS Asia IT Excellence Awards 2008:
Contact: Jared Heng - W: +65 6395 8020 - Email: jheng @ fairfaxbm.com