I've attended many trade shows in my marketing career, but few that offer a quality conference agenda as well as so many free sessions. This year's programme is about people demonstrating what they have learnt by using new marketing tools, which is exactly why those wanting to stay ahead of the curve need to attend.
London, UK (PRWEB) June 20, 2008
The Online Marketing and Media Show (OMMS) will take place, next week, on 24th and 25th June at the Business Design Centre, London. The free event will connect with the latest developments in the marketing, media and digital industries through a comprehensive conference programme, 70 plus exhibitors, 40 free workshops and a Google University. It's no wonder the event expects to attract over 3,500 visitors.
A special 'preview' podcast has been developed to give the audience a taste of what's on offer at the event. In it, you'll hear from keynote speakers: Chris Dobson, vice president Global Sales UK, Microsoft Advertising, and James Elias, head of business marketing - UK, Google and from expert speakers Leo Ryan, partner at Ryan McMillan; Dan Rosen, head of AKQA Mobile; and Adriana Lukas, founder of the Big Blog Company. The podcast can be downloaded on the website at http://www.onlinemarketingshow.co.uk/Audio-and-Video.aspx
This conference programme has been exclusively programmed by Michael Nutley, editor-in-chief of New Media Age, and promises to deliver the industry's leaders discussing what is next for the future of online marketing. The latest addition to the speaker line up includes Avenue A | Razorfish who will be presenting a case study on the NSPCC ChildLine campaign.
Sessions not to be missed at OMMS 2008:
- Mash-ups - A case study from Miles Lewis, SVP, european sales, Last.fm on the different and effective ways of offering information through a combination of existing tools.
- Games - Jim McNiven, managing director of Kerb, presents a case study on a health campaign for the School Food Trust that attracted more than 35m unique users.
- Widgets/Web Apps - A session from Sally Cowdry, marketing director, O2 outlining how O2 attempted to connect with the social network audience using widgets and web applications.
- Ad Formats Dragon's Den¬ - a panel session from Scott Gallagher, director of online and partner marketing, Sky and Keiron Matthews, Head of Marketing, IAB on the best ad formats to help publishers monetize their sites and for advertisers to reach their target audiences. A new 'Dragon' has now joined the panel - Ben Tompkins, general partner, Eden Ventures! The session includes live voting, powered by Sponge.
- Mobile Advertising- Dan Rosen, head of AKQA Mobile will explore how they worked with Coca-Cola as they tapped into mobile advertising, what they did and the lessons learnt from the experience.
Julie Pritchard, media products manager of Mirago said of the event, "I've attended many trade shows in my marketing career, but few that offer a quality conference agenda as well as so many free sessions. This year's programme is about people demonstrating what they have learnt by using new marketing tools, which is exactly why those wanting to stay ahead of the curve need to attend."
Google will be presenting three free university sessions on both days of the show focusing on Google Adwords, Website Optimiser and Google Analytics. Each person that attends a session will receive a £50 Adwords voucher via email to use with Google.
There will also be 40 free presentations and workshops across three theatres, the Search Arena, New Media Age Arena and Online Advertising Arena. These presentations across all arenas will explore a wide range of current online marketing and interactive advertising topics, including; widgets, viral, email, search and mobile marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), pay per click and tracking digital conversations. For a list of available workshops, please log on to http://www.onlinemarketingshow.co.uk/Workshops.aspx.
Book your conference sessions before Friday 5pm on June 20th and pay the special 2-day discounted rate of only £25 per session (£45 at the Show)! You can also join the OMMS Facebook Group for the latest event information
The show is supported by key industry associations including British Interactive Media Association (BIMA), The Internet Advertising Bureau (IAB), The Institute of Direct Marketing (IDM), Internet Practitioners Association (IPA) and the Association of Online Publishers (AOP).
If you are interested in registering for a free press pass, please get in touch with Zaireen Iskandar at immediate future on 0845 408 2031 / zaireen.iskandar @ immediatefuture.co.uk.
Notes to Editors
About The Online Marketing and Media Show 08:
The event, renamed The Online Marketing and Media Show 08 (OMMS) is a Centaur exhibitions event. The only UK event to bring together experts and suppliers covering every element of online marketing and media all under one roof, over two days. The event is in its fourth year and will be held at the Business Design Centre, Islington, London. OMMS covers all aspects of online marketing from SEO to PPC; blogging to podcasting; accessibility to analytics; email; affiliate and mobile marketing; online ads; and integration. Tackling the challenges faced in each area and offering advice on the latest online marketing developments. For a conference programme and information please visit: http://www.onlinemarketingshow.co.uk.