Shoe lovers are an incredibly passionate community
Cambridge, MA (PRWEB) June 23, 2008
Fantastic Toe - a new Web community that lets shoe lovers organize and show off their footwear collections, tell the stories behind their shoes using a variety of tools, and commune with like-minded shoe aficionados - is now online.
Lots of women and men are crazy about shoes, and Fantastic Toe lets these folks fully indulge their passion. By combining easy-to-use tools - including photo sharing, member blogging capabilities, and interactive communications - with shoe-related content - including "The Toe Zone" site blog, curated shoe exhibits, the "Morning Shoe Report", and a daily shoe quote - Fantastic Toe creates a vibrant community with interesting and continually refreshed content about shoes. Membership in Fantastic Toe is free.
"Shoe lovers are an incredibly passionate community," said Janet Lill, publisher of Fantastic Toe. "We built Fantastic Toe not only to allow these women and men to organize and show off their extensive and varied collections, but also to let them reveal their shoe secrets, within a community of equally passionate individuals: What do they love about a certain pair of shoes? Why do they hang on to those shoes from high school they can no even longer wear? What does their shoe storage look like? And so on. Shoe aficionados never tire of talking about shoes, and we're happy to facilitate those conversations."
On Fantastic Toe, members create their collections by uploading photos of their shoes, and tagging them however they'd like (some examples of tags include Animal Print, Sparkly, and Hurt To Wear But I Don't Care). But, Fantastic Toe goes far beyond photo sharing to provide a free-form and interactive community where shoe lovers can, among other things, share the stories behind their shoes - providing an entertaining and vivid backdrop to their collections. For example, member ShoeJunkie says of her plaid Jimmy Choos: "After eight years of parochial school uniforms, I've had an aversion to plaid ever since, but I couldn't resist these." In addition, each member can set up her or his own shoe blog, giving them even more space to express their shoe-selves; browse and comment or vote on other members' collections; and create their own fantasy shoe collection.
Fantastic Toe provides a unique and content-rich environment for shoe lovers; members can:
- Showcase their shoes - Using Fantastic Toe's photo sharing capabilities, members can upload photos of their shoes, provide as much or as little information about the shoe as they desire, including a short description, and show off all or part of their entire collection to fellow shoe lovers.
- Organize their shoe collections - Using a flexible tagging feature, Fantastic Toe lets members fully catalog their shoe collection, in the way that makes sense to them. This gives every member an easy, intuitive way to organize and view her or his collection, and to simply get a handle on which shoes they own.
- Browse and vote on other members' collections - On Fantastic Toe, members can rate both individual pairs of shoes and collections. Members whose collections have been rated with five stars are labeled a "Shoe Star"; when a member rates a shoe with five stars, that shoe becomes part of her or his Fantasy Shoe Collection.
- Set up their own shoe blogs - Every Fantastic Toe member can start her or his own blog devoted to shoes. The blog supports basic functionality, including the ability to name the blog, customize the graphic header, and write, edit, and delete text- or graphic-based entries.
- Learn a little shoe history - Each month, Fantastic Toe features a curated shoe exhibit, which assembles a collection of noteworthy images of shoes in art, the movies, or other medium -- sometimes from a bygone era, sometimes contemporary. The current exhibit is "Pink Pumps, Slings on Green, And More (Shoe Paintings by Ellen Rolli)".
- Keep tabs on the entire Fantastic Toe collection: The "Collective Wisdom" section of the site provides an overview of the entire collection, in the aggregate, answering such questions as how much members are spending on shoes, how much of the entire collection was bought at retail vs. on sale, the most popular designers in the entire collection, and what are members' favorite brick-and-mortar and online stores.
- Get a dose of daily shoe wisdom, in the form of the "Morning Shoe Report" feature and a daily shoe quote - Members can opt-in to have either or both delivered to their inboxes every weekday.
- Forum - The Fantastic Toe forum lets members trade information on shoe sales, repair, care, and any other shoe-related topic of interest.
About Fantastic Toe:
Fantastic Toe (fantastictoe.com) is an interactive web community that provides a unique, interactive, and content-rich environment for shoe lovers. It is published by Dillweed Productions, Inc., based in Cambridge, Massachusetts. For the latest shoe news, follow Fantastic Toe on Twitter.