Hollywood, CA (PRWEB) June 24, 2008
Award-winning http://www.mckenzieartstudio.com (Artist McKenzie), whose original paintings are collected around the world, has released the first-ever Earth-Friendly Art Print Series to raise funds to benefit environmental causes. "It completes the circle! Earth friendly art prints with sustainable wood frames...and 100% of the profits are donated to help save the planet. It is a no-brainer!" says McKenzie Art collector at a recent release party.
"Many people don't realize that the Printing Industry is the single largest polluter in the world. It is also the third largest consumer of fossil fuels following the automobile and steel-manufacturing industries. The paper and pulp industry is the third largest industrial contributor to greenhouse gas emissions. We have worked long and hard at the McKenzie Art Studio to find a way to create an eco friendly collectible art print that is from start-to-finish, earth friendly," says manager Steven Rice. "We have done just that!"
The "Hollywood Charity Artist" has long been recognized for her tireless efforts to raise funds and awareness for causes close to her heart using her paintings as a catalyst for change. In fact, the McKenzie Art Studio is in middle of an aggressive campaign to generate $1 million for charitable causes.
"The Eco Art print series is a natural progression for us at the Gallery. McKenzie has always been passionate about the environment and since her illness, has been on a fervent mission to make people aware of the toxins polluting our planet. It is our goal to help create a cleaner, safer and healthier environment," says gallery coordinator Viv Smith.
How is it Done?
1. Artist McKenzie creates the Original Paintings using earth friendly paints made from natural, organic, non-toxic sources.
2. The paintings are then scanned and printed using a "Green Printer". This business is committed to improving the planet. Our printing partner donates a portion of its' revenues to environmental organizations.
3. The Collectible Limited Edition Art Prints are reproduced on high-quality renewable Hahnemühle Bamboo paper made with pure spring water. This is the first ever fine art paper made from bamboo fibers. Hahnemühle donates a portion of the revenues to supporting environmental projects.
4. Sustainable Forest Frames. We are committed to reducing our environmental footprint in every possible way. The frames we use are never made from endangered species wood or protected forests. The wood materials come from managed forests. A managed forest is like a farm yield from a rotating crop. The crop gets replanted for later yields.
5. Donate. Donate. Donate. Donate. The 4x plan. A percentage of the printer's revenue goes towards saving the environment. A percentage of the paper manufacturer's revenue goes towards saving the environment. A percentage of the framer's revenue goes towards saving the environment. Lastly, 100% of the profits from the artist's revenue at EcofyEstore.com goes towards saving the environment!
Why are We Doing It?
Our mission at the http://www.ecofyestore.com (EcofyEstore.com), and http://www.mckenzieartstudio.com (McKenzieArtStudio.com) is to lead the way in sustainable, environmentally responsible, green living style. We call it "Eco Style with a Conscience". We aim to be the number one resource for eco art and to change the art printing industry as a whole.
"An Eco Art purchase from EcofyEstore.com may not appear to make a discernable difference, but the reality is that is creates a growing wave in the Art Industry and the Economy. When a large amount of people begin supporting sustainable, green businesses, these waves begin to have a profound effect on our planet and our society," says artist McKenzie. "Only by the majority of us taking action and being green consumers will we begin to reduce the damage to our planet and eco-systems. I believe it is our responsibility to demonstrate that we can successfully align art, business, social, and environmental interests to build a more sustainable future for all of us."
The Eco Art Print Series by Artist McKenzie is available at http://www.EcoFyEstore.com (EcofyEstore.com)and at fine art galleries around the world. The print series will soon be featured in an upcoming television Documentary and in an eco-friendly collectible art book on the career of the artist.
About the Artist:
McKenzie is the winner of the first Annual ARTV Fine Art Awards for Mixed Media. Her art is in galleries across the United States and has been featured in many publications, installations and films. There are waiting lists for her original paintings. She and her art have appeared at many environmental and charitable fundraising events with celebrity guests such as Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Leonardo DiCaprio, Edward Norton, Natalie Portman, Harrison Ford, and many others.
For more information please contact the studio directly at 888-368-5213.