Sydney, Australia (PRWEB) June 25, 2008
When it comes to developing a website that works the secret of success is to make sure that you convert as many visitors as possible into paying customers.
Web Profits, a Sydney based company that helps all kinds of businesses develop a powerful online presence for themselves, has created a free report which shares seven proven strategies for making sure you convert more of the traffic arriving on your website.
"People spend months optimising their websites to make sure they receive the highest amount of traffic possible," revealed Paul Sprokkreeff from Web Profits. "It doesn't matter how many visitors you get if you can't convert a decent percentage of them into paying customers who hopefully will come back time and time again."
The report, downloadable from http://www.webprofits.com.au, reveals the following seven methods for ensuring you make your website one of the most successful ones in its field:
- Identify the main aim of your website - what would you most like every visitor to do when they arrive on your site? This could be wildly different depending on the focus of your site and what business you are in.
- Identify your call to action strategy - when you know what your aim is, you need to build in a call to action for the visitor to fulfil that purpose throughout the website. Repeat this call to action throughout.
- Make the call to action easy to achieve - don't make your visitor jump through hoops to achieve your aim. The easier your call to action is the better.
- Improve your offer - otherwise known as 'sweetening the deal', this gives the visitor an incentive to complete the action you want them to do.
- Improve the design of your website - an amateur site will not optimise results. Call in the professionals to identify how you can improve your site.
- Improve your copy - the words on your site are the most important item there. Making them as persuasive as possible will increase your conversion rate.
- Don't underestimate the power of testimonials - show people how satisfied your previous customers are. This helps to persuade them that you are the right person to do business with.
"Online success isn't just about getting people to visit your site," added Sprokkreeff. "It's about getting them to do what you want when they get there."
Web Profits dedicates itself to providing web design, online marketing and search engine optimisation services to a wide range of businesses worldwide. Representing a team of leading experts in every field, Web Profits specialises in working with individual clients to make sure their needs are met if not exceeded in every area.
For further information about the free report or Web Profits, call Paul Sprokkreeff at +61 2 9810 6903 or visit http://www.webprofits.com.au