Cardiff, UK (PRWEB) June 30, 2008
Confused.com included the following info when filling out the home insurance application forms.
- No Flood Risk. Despite the house being built on the site of the old water tank where Moby Dick and The Dam Busters were filmed, there's little risk of flood at Elstree Studios. In fact there's more threat from contestants' tears, belly flops into the pool, and the deluge of attention-seeking applicants still clamouring to get on the show.
- Residents are Non-Smokers. But there's a giant ashtray in the garden! Well, since the local council classes the house as a workplace and not a home, and with Big Brother himself liable to a £2,500 fine every time a housemate lights up indoors, there's no smoking inside. Therefore, for home insurance quote purposes the residents are non-smokers.
- Highly Secure Home. With private guards and 24/7 CCTV monitoring, the place is always going to score highly with insurers on matters of security. As an interesting aside, it's a pity former contestant Jade Goody didn't learn any security lessons from her two appearances on the show. In May of this year, burglars stole over £50,000 in jewellery from her Essex home - this despite being burgled twice before!
- Buildings Insurance. The amount of buildings insurance required is equal to the build value (£500,000 in the case of the Big Brother 9 house).
- Contents Insurance. Cover was set at £50,000 because, even though what you see looks pretty high-end, there are nowhere near as many contents as you'd find in a regular house containing a lifetime of accumulated items. Accidental damage cover was also included as there hasn't been a contestant capable of repairing anything since DIY expert Craig Phillips won Big Brother 1 way back in 2000.
Cheapest Quotes Returned
HomeInsurer.co.uk - £170.42
Broker King - £228.24
So whether Big Brother 9 becomes home sweet home or a house of horrors for the contestants, it could definitely be a happy house for whoever pays the home insurance bill.
Car Crash Television
One more thing, Big Brother evictee Alex De Gale's BMW has been vandalised as a result of her bullying ways on the show. So if you're going on Big Brother there are two lessons to learn from this: (1) Get adequate car insurance before going in, and (2) be nice!
Notes to editors
For further information please contact:
02920 434 393
Gug Kyriacou/ Joanna Harte
020 7655 0550
Confused.com is one of the UK's biggest and most popular price comparison services. Launched in 2002, it dominates the car insurance aggregator market and generates over one million quotes per month. It has expanded its range of comparison products over the last couple of years to include home insurance, travel insurance, pet insurance, van insurance, motorbike insurance, breakdown cover and energy, as well as financial services products including credit cards, loans, mortgages and life insurance.
Confused.com is not a supplier, insurance company or broker. It provides its customers with a free, wholly objective comparison service to help with their decision making. Using cutting-edge technology, Confused.com has developed a series of intelligent web-based solutions that evaluate a number of risk factors to help customers search, buy and apply for whichever product or policy best matches their individual needs. Prices quoted on Confused.com are the same, or cheaper, than going to the insurer direct. Confused.com's service is based on the most up to date information provided by UK suppliers and industry regulators.
Confused.com is regulated by the FSA.