Plainfield, IL (PRWEB) June 29, 2008
Companies attempting to maximize the sustainability of their packaging have had limited options on corrugated containers. Now, with Salazar Packaging Inc.'s new Globe Guard™ boxes, shippers can obtain 100% post-consumer recycled content boxes in virtually any style and quantity without sacrificing quality.
In a highly informative podcast released June 24, 2008, Salazar Packaging president, Dennis Salazar, spoke with Ken Rayment of Better Process about the characteristics of Globe Guard™ boxes, misunderstood recycling terms, and the current state of sustainable corrugated packaging.
Listen to the 12-minute podcast at http://www.podcasternews.com/bpp/5137/industry-report-dennis-salazar-salazar-packaging/.
1. Standard corrugated typically contains only 25-35% recycled material, consisting mainly of in-plant waste.
2. Corrugated manufacturers are reluctant to guarantee percentages of recycled content due to manufacturing constraints.
3. Globe Guard™ boxes are guaranteed to be made from 100% post-consumer waste material.
4. Customers do not sacrifice quality with Globe Guard™ - the boxes conform to industry standards.
5. With today's emphasis on environmental issues and the free flow of information on the Web, "greenwashing", or sending an inconsistent eco message, poses serious risks for manufacturers and distributors. Even secondary corrugated containers are being scrutinized by consumers.
About Salazar Packaging, Inc.
Headquartered near Chicago, IL, Salazar Packaging is a Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) specializing in packaging design and development, sustainable packaging products and services, and automation of high volume packaging operations. Its product lines include industrial polyethylene and polypropylene shrinkable and non-shrinkable films, stretch wrap films, box sealing tapes, and corrugated products. The firm sells and services a full line of high-speed equipment to shrink, bag, and seal industrial films of all kinds. It represents leading industry manufacturers including Bemis Clysar® shrink film, Autobag® automatic bagging systems, Rennco® vertical packaging equipment, and its own line of environmentally friendly Globe Guard™ packaging products.
About Better Process Podcast
Based in Colorado and across the U.S. via Skype, the Better Process Podcast interviews small and mid-sized manufacturing companies, and the companies that service these companies. Shows are free to download from iTunes (search for Better Process Podcast in iTunes music store) and are available most business days. More information on the show can be found at http://www.betterprocess.com. The Better Process Podcast is the voice of the small and mid-sized manufacturing firm.
# # #