Philadelphia, PA (PRWEB) June 27, 2008
Gas prices too high for a long road trip this Summer? The Constitutional Walking Tour of Philadelphia® offers guided walking tours of Historic Philadelphia, and it is a great way to great way to spend your "Staycation" celebrating America's Birthday! Philadelphia is best seen by foot, and The Constitutional offers visitors the unique opportunity to experience America's Birthplace - "Where Every Day is Independence Day!"™
"Go Green" and take Philadelphia's most eco-friendly tour. The Constitutional Walking Tour only uses renewable sources of energy by exercising visitors' rights to walk through Independence National Historical Park. No pollution, no carbon footprint. The Constitutional helps visitors burn off calories from their Philadelphia Cheesesteak and soft pretzel experience. Plus, The Constitutional is "green-friendly" when it comes to visitors' staycation budgets.
The Constitutional Walking Tour is a 75 minute, 1.25 mile outdoor walking adventure in the Independence National Historical Park area which features more than 20 historical sites such as the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, the National Constitution Center and the Betsy Ross House. Come see why the Chicago Tribune has stated, "No visit to Philadelphia is complete without taking a Constitutional Guided Walking Tour, a 75-minute, mile and a quarter stroll that puts 15 historic sites, from Independence Hall to the National Constitution Center, and Ben Franklin, in perspective."
Join The Constitutional for Philadelphia's best sightseeing tour on an escorted, family-friendly journey through America's Birthplace and see where The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States were created.
"Taking The Constitutional Walking Tour of Philadelphia gets visitors up close and personal with a High-Definition Historical Experience," stated Jonathan Bari, President of The Constitutional Walking Tour. "The Constitutional Walking Tour of Philadelphia is the best way to explore Historic Philadelphia, taking you behind the scenes to the places where other tour operators cannot venture."
Daily Guided Tours: Daily - All Summer Long; Weekends in the Fall & Spring
The Constitutional Walking Tour is Philadelphia's original walking tour. The guided tour:
- Visits more than 20 of the most popular historic sites and attractions such as the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, the National Constitution Center and Betsy Ross House;
- Showcases scenes from the movies: Shooter and National Treasure;
- Provides a primary overview of Independence Park on a 75 minute outdoor walking adventure along a 1.25 mile tour;
- Has been named "Top 25 Philadelphia Tourist Attraction" by The Philadelphia Business Journal;
- Is offered 7 days a week from Memorial Day through Labor Day (Saturday, May 24, 2008 through Monday, September 1, 2008), with frequent departures throughout the day from the Independence Visitor Center (at 6th & Market Streets);
- Costs $17.50 per adult, $12.50 per child, ages 3-12. $55.00 for Family Four Pack (2 adults, 2 children ages 3-12)* - A $5.00 Savings! $2.00 per person savings when purchasing tickets in advance by phone.
Tickets can be purchased:
1) Click: http://www.TheConstitutional.com
2) Call: 215.525.1776 - Customers who purchase tickets in advance over the phone can receive a $2.00 discount per ticket.
3) Visit: in person at the Independence Visitor Center at 6th & Market Streets in Philadelphia
Special Promotional Offer
- Combo Package - Spirits of '76 Ghost Tour of PhiladelphiaTM & The Constitutional Walking Tour of Philadelphia - During the day, take The Constitutional Walking Tour, and then in the evening, dare to visit more than 20 of Philly's Frights & SightsTM on the Spirits of '76 Ghost Tour - an outdoor walking adventure through Historic and Haunted Philadelphia. $31.00 per adult (a $4.00 savings) and $22.00 per child ages 3-12 (a $3.00 savings).
For details on all of this discount and other partner offers, please see http://www.TheConstitutional.com/events.
About The Constitutional Walking Tour of Philadelphia
The Constitutional Walking Tour of Philadelphia takes visitors on a walking journey through America's Birthplace - "Where Every Day is Independence Day!"™ Located in Historic Philadelphia, The Constitutional visits more than 20 of the most historical sites on a 75 minute, 1.25 mile outdoor adventure in the Independence National Historical Park area, which is home to the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall. The Constitutional guides visitors on a walk through history where The Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States were created. Since 2004, The Constitutional has been consistently ranked as one of Philadelphia's "Top 25 Tourist Attractions" by the Philadelphia Business Journal. In addition, The Constitutional is one of the leading providers of School Field Trips of Historic Philadelphia. Visitors can experience The Constitutional: 1) on their own as a free, self-guided walking tour, 2) with a lively tour guide for a fee, or 3) with the Philly MP3 Audio Tour. For more information on The Constitutional's various tours, please visit http://www.TheConstitutional.com. The Constitutional is also the producer of the Spirits of '76 Ghost Tour of Philadelphia which is "1 Part History, 2 Parts Haunt."™ The Spirits of '76 Ghost Tour features more than 20 of "Philly's Frights & Sights"™ on a 75 minute, 1.25 mile outdoor walking tour through Historic Philadelphia that features haunted facts and folklore. For more information, please see http://www.Spiritsof76.com.
EDITOR'S NOTES - For Travel and Education media, please visit The Constitutional's various online resources:
- High-resolution Photographs of Historic Philadelphia are available for media usage at:
- Story Ideas on The Constitutional Walking Tour, Historic Philadelphia and Heritage Tourism are available for media usage at:
- By the Numbers statistics on The Constitutional Walking Tour and Historic Philadelphia are available for media usage at:
- Audio File Sample of The Constitutional Audio Tour is available for media usage at: