Birmingham, AL (PRWEB) June 8, 2008
When it comes to finding great deals on beach vacations, savvy travelers have already discovered that one of the best places to go on the net is http://www.BeachGuide.com. Specializing in Alabama and Florida beach vacations, with an emphasis on the Gulf Coast, BeachGuide.com offers free information on travel incentives ranging from discounted room rates to gasoline rebates. Now it has added a new feature that enables resort owners and other merchants to update information on package deals, discounts, and other bargains as often as they like. The information changes regularly, giving site visitors plenty of opportunities to find the deal that's right for them.
In addition to its new vacation specials section, http://www.BeachGuide.com/Specials, BeachGuide.com offers the following tips for saving travel dollars this summer:
- Plan ahead to discover the shortest route. Call the local chamber of commerce or tourist development council. Tips from the locals can often save hours of travel time and gallons of gasoline. They also should be able to point out the best spots for bathroom breaks and meals en route.
- Rent a condo or single-family home. These are incredible vacation values for those traveling on a tight budget because they offer fully equipped kitchens. It's easy to save money by eating fewer meals out.
- Buy tickets to water parks and other attractions online. Many times, purchasing online saves $5 to $10 per person on entry fees.
- When renting a house or condo, check out the property management firm's website for coupons and other money-saving offers. Often, these management professionals have already negotiated discounted fees from local vendors.
- Fill the gas tank prior to arrival, and bring bathing suits, towels, floats, and nonperishable groceries. Tourist areas generally have higher prices on just about everything, especially gasoline. In fact, filling the tank about an hour away saves an average of 10 to 20 cents per gallon.
- Finally, just relax and have fun. An annual vacation is a priceless time to enjoy family and friends. It doesn't have to be pricey, though, thanks to the new vacation specials section at http://www.BeachGuide.com.