Montreal, QC (PRWEB) June 2, 2008
A new resource for pregnant women, their partners, and friends and family is now available at Womb Within, http://www.wombwithin.com, a blog in the b5Media Network.
Researched and written by Marijke Vroomen-Durning, RN, the blog will focus on:
- pregnancy process
- growth and development of the fetus
- maternal health
Other topics covered are:
- interviews with topic experts and book authors
- latest news stories involving pregnancy, including complications to both mother and child
- newly published studies
- preparation for labor and delivery
- preparation for life after baby is born
- environment-friendly homes to welcome baby
- preparing siblings for the new baby
- emergencies during pregnancy
- mental health issues during pregnancy
- loss of pregnancy
- pregnancy with chronic illness
Although there are many pregnancy blogs on the Internet, few focus on the overall aspect of pregnancy and/or are continued beyond the pregnancy of the original blogger. At Womb Within, we realize readers and visitors will be fluid as they learn about their pregnancies, go through them, and then deliver. Readers are encouraged to share their stories and to comment on the latest findings, as are professionals who work with pregnant women.
Visitors are also encouraged to share their online resources. Plans for the blog include forming groups where mothers (and fathers!) can join according to due date, singleton or multiple pregnancies, first or subsequent pregnancies, etc.
Product reviews for items from prenatal vitamins to books on pregnancy will be available, as will some items for give-aways.
About the author:
Ms Vroomen-Durning is a registered nurse and a health writer who works mostly with patient and healthcare-consumer publications and web sites. She is also the author of the blogs, Help My Hurt (http://www.helpmyhurt.com), Nurses' Notes (http://www.mdnglive.com/blogs/rnnotes.com) and Marijke: Nurse Turned Writer (http://medhealthwriter.blogspot.com).