London, UK (PRWEB) June 2, 2008
The only major UK house builder building homes in Spain is currently offering to provide up to 10,000 euros* towards the cost of furniture to anyone buying one of their stunning homes on the Costa del Sol, Costa Blanca or Mallorca.
Nick Freeston, Head of UK Operations for Taylor Woodrow de España, said: "Buying a home in Spain can take time - and that's before you've even thought about decoration and furnishing. Personalising your property once you have bought it is an important decision and not one to be taken lightly. Liaising with local craftsmen and furniture stores can be a daunting prospect, which is why our team of experts will be on hand to recommend furniture suppliers who will be able to offer interior design advice and make sure everything is installed ready for you to move in."
So, whether you're looking to create a colourful Mediterranean haven or a city chic style apartment, this new incentive should help get you started. To help give you style inspiration, Taylor Woodrow de España has outlined some top interior tips to make the most of your new home.
1. Theme - Start collecting style ideas early. Tear out interior pictures from magazines, and make notes of striking colour schemes you see in shop interiors and show homes. Window dressings in department stores can also provide you with ideas of accessories that could be used to dress your home. Having an idea of the 'look' you'd like to create is going to make picking furniture much easier.
2. Colour - If you want to add a splash of colour but don't want to be too adventurous then consider picking an accent colour that can be used throughout the home. By keeping walls and furniture in neutral colours you can then add flashes of brightness in the form of cushions, vases and home accessories.
3. Wall art - Rather than traditional framed artwork, wall art gives a fresh and modern feel to any space. There are many different options, from sculpted brass to tiled glass, with the added benefit that you can move it from room to room if you get bored of the view. Source local Spanish markets for 'authentic' pieces or if you're feeling confident, you could even pick up the paint brush and create your own masterpiece using a blank framed canvas.
4. Mirrors - Reflective surfaces create light and give the appearance of more space - especially useful for those looking to buy a smaller one bedroom apartment. There are plenty of styles to choose, from huge floor length mirrors positioned on the ground and tilted back onto the wall to smaller porthole style convex mirrors which give an unusual look. Placing mirrors next to lights or windows also maximises the feeling of openness.
5. Positioning - Think carefully before you position your furniture and if you're starting from scratch, consider items that will double up, for example as storage or an extra bed. Corner sofas are a great way of making the most of space and look modern. Symmetry also works well, for example in the bedroom, position a side table on each side of the bed with matching lamps on each.
6. Focal point - Finally, always try to create a focal point to any room to draw you into the space. A great way of doing this is to highlight a personal memento, a photo album or travel book to add your own personality. It's also the perfect conversation opener when guests visit.
The furniture package incentive is currently available across a range of Taylor Woodrow de España developments in Mallorca, the Costa Blanca and the Costa del Sol. Here, house hunters will find a stunning collection of luxury apartments, penthouses and town houses, suitable for a range of budgets.
For further information call the sales team on 08000 12 10 20 or visit http://www.taylorwoodrow.es
*the offer is available on selected plots and developments and is based on a credit being paid to the purchasers bank account for the value of a standard furniture pack up to a maximum charge of 10,000 euros after legal completion on the new home.
Notes to Editors
Taylor Woodrow España is a wholly owned subsidiary of Taylor Wimpey plc, a homebuilding company with operations in the UK, North America, Spain and Gibraltar. It aims to be the homebuilder of choice for customers, employees, shareholders and for the communities in which it operates.
On 3rd July 2007, Taylor Woodrow plc and George Wimpey Plc completed their merger to form Taylor Wimpey plc, the UK's largest homebuilder.
For further information please visit the company's website - http://www.taylorwoodrow.es
For further press information and photography, please contact:
Haslimann Taylor PR
Tel: 0121 355 3446