Cambridge, MA (PRWEB) June 2, 2008
Following recent announcements by Facebook, Google, and MySpace -- which have enabled their respective social networking services to be integrated into third-party web sites -- social networking can now be easily integrated into the context of landing pages with ion interactive's new version of its landing page management software LiveBall.
"Marketers are already doing the heavy lifting of finding a particular audience, placing ads to win their clicks, and building niche-specific landing pages as a destination for them," said Scott Brinker, ion's president and chief technology officer. "A landing page can serve as a 'connector', bringing together people with a specialized, shared interest."
The reasons for a company to add social networking features into its landing pages can include the following 7 benefits:
- increased brand equity with respondents who value the social networking connections with their niche-specific peers that the company has enabled;
- a reduced "bounce rate" on campaign landing pages as social interactivity engages more participants than static content;
- additional traffic via referrals through respondents' social networks;
- invitations into respondents' social networks to develop threads beyond the campaign;
- the ability for respondents to interact with one another to provide peer support;
- a strong signal to respondents that the company has enough confidence in itself to facilitate open discussions around the campaign;
- an excellent stream of qualitative feedback--even from respondents who may not "convert"--to balance quantitative stats such as bounce rate and conversion rate.
"Social landing pages may not be right for every campaign, but we believe this category of interactive features can deliver a significant boost to many," said Brinker. "In fact, aside from enhancing content-oriented or offer-oriented landing pages, we envision that some campaigns will have purely social response vehicles, where the 'conversion' isn't a lead or a transaction, but rather a social interaction -- friending or following the company, contributing to a discussion, adding a review, making a referral."
Using ion's landing page management software-as-a-service, LiveBall, marketers can simply plug social networking features into their landing pages as "widgets" without any coding or IT resources. LiveBall's extensive widget support makes sure that these social elements flow properly into page designs according to a company's brand standards. It also gives marketers the option to dynamically change parameters of these widgets--such as which particular social group or discussion thread is being connected to--based on the behavior or segmentation data of each respondent.
Over the past 3 years, ion interactive has pioneered "post-click marketing", helping companies do a better job of engaging and converting respondents to search marketing, online advertising, and email marketing campaigns with more sophisticated landing pages. LiveBall, ion's primary product, is a software-as-a-service solution that enables marketers and agencies to manage dozens or hundreds of different landing pages in Long Tail marketing campaigns. Based in Boca Raton, FL and Cambridge, MA, the company also publishes a thought leadership blog on landing page strategies and tactics at http://blog.postclickmarketing.com.