New York, NY (PRWEB) June 1, 2008
To kick off the summer beauty season, New York-based Planet Botanicals has been selected to appear at the DPA 2008 Garden Party on May 30-31 the week of the 2008 MTV Movie Awards. The company's certified organic collection of body and facial products will be introduced in the luxury gifting suite at The Terrace at Frederic Fekkai Salon on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills prior to the awards show.
Healthy, glowing, ageless skin is sought-after by all women from the top celebrities down to the girl next door, and is especially important during the summer months of lighter clothing and bikinis, long days at the beach, and stronger sun rays.
The Planet Botanicals collection features luxurious, indigenous plant and flower oils from around the world, and for the first time these rare and exotic ingredients are making their way to the red carpet. To look "Hollywood good" this summer and beyond, here are Planet Botanicals' top five secrets for star-quality skin:
- Slough it off: A summer skincare regime starts with well-exfoliated skin to remove dead skin cells and rehydrate the skin. Use a body scrub once or twice a week to rejuvenate your skin, especially after being dried out by the sun and wind. Planet Botanicals' newest Kigelia Africana Sugar Scrub features organic cane sugar, expeller-pressed shea oil and the secret ingredient: Kigelia Africana, chockfull of natural antioxidants and skin-tightening properties.
- Pure. Certified Organic. Simple: Look for skincare products with all natural and certified organic plant-based ingredients that are literally pure gifts of nature. Check ingredient lists for products that are chemical- and paraben-free. And, like Planet Botanicals certified organic collection, be sure to look for the USDA logo to ensure your product is certified organic, meaning that it is grown, harvested and produced without any pesticides or contaminants.
- Moisturize on the go: Prep your parched skin for a long flight or a road trip by keeping travel-sized moisturizers in your bag. Planet Botanicals' new Certified Organic Face Balm with East African Shea Butter comes in a 1.0-oz. jar so you can pack it right in your carry-on before kicking off summer vacation.
- Safe in the sun: It goes without saying, but it's imperative to protect your skin with a good sunblock before you step out this summer. Not only will you keep UV rays at bay, but you'll also minimize wrinkles, freckles, age spots and other environmental damage to your skin.
- Replenish with a body oil: A day in the hot summer sun is glorious but can make your skin thirsty! If your winter body moisturizer or lotion is too heavy for the summer, consider switching to a light, absorbent and natural body oil like Planet Botanicals' Shea Body Oils. Planet Botanicals' body oils offer deep all-over moisturization with a much lighter feel, and are ideal for use after swimming, tanning or even shaving.
About Planet Botanicals
Planet Botanicals offers a unique collection of natural, luxurious, certified organic and sustainably-sourced skincare products made with rare indigenous plant oils and aromatic artisan-distilled flower oils from the far corners of the world. The collection provides an effective blend of enriching botanical ingredients for healing and nourishing and that promote healthy, radiant and beautiful skin. For more information, visit http://www.planetbotanicals.com.
Media Contact: Betsy Berger, bberger26(at)yahoo.com