Unity provides the fastest iteration time, which is crucial when a developer wants to make best use of the Wii console's innovative controllers. Developers can create rich, visually engaging 3D content through a process that is simpler and more seamless than any other tool set available -- regardless of the platform.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) June 2, 2008
Unity Technologies, a leading 3D game development tool provider, today announced it is supporting the Nintendo Wii™ console as an authorized middleware provider. The Unity game engine is the cutting-edge choice for creating visually-rich, 3D games for the desktop, Web, and leading mobile devices and video game consoles.
"Unity has streamlined the game development process with an engine that is tuned for quickly and efficiently creating and porting games to the Wii," said David Helgason, CEO of Unity Technologies. "Unity provides the fastest iteration time, which is crucial when a developer wants to make best use of the Wii console's innovative controllers. Developers can create rich, visually engaging 3D content through a process that is simpler and more seamless than any other tool set available -- regardless of the platform."
Unity's game engine allows developers to create, modify and iterate on Wii game functionality with the following features:
- Live Preview: The play button allows developers to instantly preview their game inside the authoring environment exactly as it currently exists, regardless of the development phase. Users can modify any object's properties and see the results in real-time without pausing.
- Scriptable Controller: Simple, straightforward, fully-featured Wii Remote™ scripting class lets developers read data from the Wii Remote controller, Nunchuk™ controller, and Classic Controller™ effortlessly.
- Optimized Character Animation: Developers can create characters without special exports, imports, or modifications required. Files drop easily into Unity and the characters come to life with full animation on Wii hardware.
- Scriptable Shaders: Unity's ShaderLab system has been expanded to leverage the full power of the Wii graphics chip. Developers can use one of the built-in shaders optimized for Wii or write their own. They can script and modify any shader on any object.
- Click to Publish: Developers can easily run their game on their Wii development kit, building it with one click.
Unity allows developers to create core content, then choose from a wide range of deployment options. With Unity, developers can reuse artwork assets, scripts and other key content with no need for major rewrites. Whether developing an original title for the Wii console, or a port from the desktop, Web, or iPhone, Unity provides a streamlined and superior approach. For more information on Unity's tools for the Wii console, developers can contact the company directly at: email@example.com.
About Unity Technologies
Unity Technologies' innovative Unity game engine is the cutting-edge choice for creating visually-rich, 3D games for the desktop, Web, and leading mobile devices and video game consoles. Based in Copenhagen with sales and marketing offices in San Francisco, CA, Unity provides tools to game developers and creative visualization professionals to deliver superior 3D content that can be generated faster and more efficiently than other tool sets. Unity customers include leading game developers, educational institutions and industry visionaries: Smashing Ideas, Trigger, Freeverse, Shockwave.com, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Flashbang Studios, Three Melons and Skyworks Technologies. For more information, visit the Unity website at unity3d.com.
# # #