Montreal, QC (PRWEB) June 3, 2008
In the early hours of 29 May, Ismael Arribas Munoz, 26, from Madrid, became the 2008 Everest Poker Avalanche Champion by outplaying and outlasting competition from four Germans, two French, two Dutch and a Swede for the $1,000,000 Everest Poker tournament. This year, the annual tournament was held aboard a Royal Caribbean Cruises luxury liner in the Mediterranean Sea.
The live event was billed as a battle between youth and experience, with 10 finalists ranged in age from 21 to 55. Youth won out comprehensively as Munoz took the top spot ($200,000), followed by Wing Kwok Tang, 25, from the Netherlands ($120,000), and Brice Cousin, 25, from Paris ($90,000).
Ismael was cheered on by close friends and fellow Everest Poker players, including one of the new Everest Poker Live The Dream Team members, Pablo Ubierna, who was recently in the money at the European Poker Tour (EPT) Monte Carlo - his first tournament as an Everest Poker player (http://www.everestpoker.com/en/livethedream/)]
The full result of the Everest Poker Avalanche 2008 are as follows:
- 1st Ismael Arribas Munoz (ismaelpsx), 26, Madrid, Spain $200,000
- 2nd Wing Kwok Tang (Mofox_IP), 25, Zwolle, the Netherlands $120,000
- 3rd Brice Cousin (BriceInParis), 25, Paris, France $90,000
- 4th Monika Kees (Doha2006), 55, Augsburg, Germany $70,000
- 5th Jelmer Attema (jattema), 21, Groningen, the Netherlands $45,000
- 6th Andreas Robert Peschel (Anrope), 38, Wermelskirchen, Germany $35,000
- 7th Mieczyslaw Basara (matchpoint), 53, Bremen, Germany $25,000
- 8th Andreas Hoffman (sailfun), 41, Germany, $17,000
- 9th Fabien Cauvet (tapygris), 31, Houilles, France $12,500
- 10th Stefan Anders Hägg (simbastra), 44, Linköping, Sweden, $10,000
The German contingent made up 40% of the final table but their top player could only manage a 4th place finish. The traditionally strong Swedish representative was the first player knocked out of the tournament.
ABOUT EVEREST POKER:
Everest Poker is owned by Everest Gaming, LTD. With over 11 years of online gaming experience, Everest Gaming has established a name in offering some of the most exciting and trusted multilingual gaming web sites worldwide. It was the first company to launch a truly multilingual poker gaming platform in 2004. Everest Poker is a European poker room created for, and run by, European poker enthusiasts. With a strong understanding of International poker markets, Everest Poker provides its players with the best localized poker experience. Through fully translated software, native language customer service, the unique ability to chat in any language and a roster of features and benefits tailored to each local market, Everest Poker helps its players master their own game.
More information is available from the Everest Poker website: http://www.everestpoker.com.
For further information please call:
Rocio van Nierop +617 460 4993
# # #