Boston (PRWEB) June 4, 2008
The National Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA), a division of Dominion Enterprises, has announced the winners of its 2008 Parenting Resources competition. After evaluating hundreds of outstanding submissions, NAPPA selected 27 products to receive its esteemed NAPPA Gold award and 33 products for NAPPA Honors. These parenting products were chosen for their design, safety, convenience and overall quality and usefulness.
This year, NAPPA's team of expert judges and family testers noticed several new trends in parenting products: an increase in organic and hypoallergenic products, more self-published parenting books, and a shift away from products aimed at helping parents raise "genius babies" toward products that promote more playfulness and emotional development.
"We also see the evolution of products that focus first on their benefits to the child, and then on their convenience for parents and overall design appeal," said NAPPA Manager Barbara Smith Decker. "Additionally, studies on emotional health and bonding have led to the development and popularity of baby carriers that allow parents to 'wear' their children, or strollers with rear-facing car seat options that keep parents and kids connected."
A few of the standouts among the 2008 NAPPA Gold-winning products are:
- Maxi-Cosi Mico Infant Car Seat and Base, a space-saving infant car seat that snaps easily into its base and indicates when properly locked in
- Naturepedic No-Compromise Organic Crib Mattress, an extra-firm mattress constructed of pure organic cotton fill and 100-percent food-grade, nontoxic polyethylene for a waterproof/stain resistant surface
- The Potty Training Answer Book, which answers parents' top 200 questions and offers sound information in an easy-to-read format
- Money Savvy Pig and Money Savvy Football, and Cash Cache Beginning Personal Finance Organizer, banks accompanied by a lockable zippered binder that has separate slots (or pockets) for saving, spending, donating and investing
- DayRunner Family Matters Monthly Wall InfoCenter, which enables parents to sort, store and schedule important stuff by color, and has special spaces for writing reminders and hooks for hanging keys, IDs, etc.
For a complete list of all 2008 NAPPA Parenting Resources winners and more information about the competition, visit: http://www.Parenthood.com/NAPPA/Press_Room.php
About the National Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA)
When parents see the NAPPA seal, they know they can expect a high-quality, safe, useful and expert-approved product. NAPPA is administered by Parenthood.com, a division of Dominion Enterprises. NAPPA was created in 1990 and currently administers two annual competitions:
- Children's Products - including toys and games, music, software/video games and Web sites, books and magazines, DVDs, and storytelling/spoken-word recordings
- Parenting Resources - including books, CDs, DVDs, maternity and baby gear, safety products, Web sites and a wide range of innovative products that make parenting easier
For more information, visit http://www.NAPPA.Parenthood.com.
About Dominion Enterprises
Dominion Enterprises, a division of Landmark Communications, is a leading marketing services company serving the automotive, real estate, apartment, recruitment and marine markets. The company operates a variety of businesses that offer Internet marketing, Web site design and hosting, lead generation, CRM, and data capture and distribution services. The company has more than 40 market-leading Web sites reaching more than 12.5 million unique monthly visitors, and more than 500 magazines with a weekly circulation of over 5 million. Headquartered in Norfolk, Va., the company has nearly 6,000 employees nationwide and annualized revenue of more than $946 million. For more information, visit http://www.DominionEnterprises.com.
# # #