Rochester, NY (PRWEB) June 4, 2008
Pharos Systems International, the leading provider of print and copy cost-recovery solutions for Higher Education, is excited to announce the launch of Uniprint 8.0. The new release is packed with enhancements that will provide significant value to champions of campus sustainability initiatives, Uniprint end users, and Uniprint administrators.
- New waste-reduction reporting -- Uniprint 8.0 now tracks print jobs that were submitted but not released, enabling colleges and universities to quantify the savings they are generating through Uniprint by reducing unnecessary printing. Unreleased jobs are either deleted by the user via the Uniprint print release screen or automatically purged by Uniprint after a specified amount of time passes. A summary of all such jobs is available in the new Deleted Print Summary report, which lists jobs deleted between the specified start and end dates along with their cost. The new Site Printing Summary report shows the total volumes and costs of printed and deleted print jobs.
- Secure Release Here™ for the enterprise -- Users can now release their print jobs on any printer on the Uniprint system, even in large institutions with multiple print servers. For example, a student can send a print request from a computer in the library and release it for printing on a device located across campus in the student center. With Uniprint 8.0, print servers share information about print jobs, but the actual print file is not forwarded from one server to another until the user explicitly releases the job for printing. This minimizes network traffic and ensures optimal performance.
- New offline capability for improved system robustness -- Users can now print and copy even if communications with the Uniprint Database Server are lost. When the Database Server comes back online, the system recovers gracefully and any offline transactions are forwarded to the database.
- Greater ease-of-use for administrators -- The Pharos Remote management application has been rewritten as a web application. It is now installed on a web server and can be accessed from any workstation with a web browser. Additionally, the Pharos Administrator management application has been reorganized and enhanced with activity-based assistance, a system dashboard, and new configuration guides.
- Windows Vista® support -- Server components for Uniprint (as well as Pharos Off-The-Glass® and SignUp) are now supported on Vista Business Edition, Enterprise Edition, and Ultimate Edition. This is in addition to Windows Server 2003 and 2008.
- Simplified installers -- The main Pharos installers have been simplified and slimmed down. Additionally, the Pharos Station and Pharos SignUp clients are now installed using self-contained install packages.
If you'd like to learn more about the Uniprint 8.0, give Pharos Systems a call at 888-864-7768 or visit us on the web at http://www.pharos.com.
About Pharos Systems International, Inc.
Pharos Systems International, Inc. is the recognized industry leader in providing companies and institutions of higher education with print asset management and cost-recovery solutions that promote sustainable and highly efficient printing environments. With over 15 years of experience, we help customers track, measure, and control their printers, copiers, and multifunction devices in order to reduce waste, decrease operating costs, and enhance services to users. Over 1,500 customers in 24 countries are currently benefiting from managed printing environments that are greener, more flexible, and more cost-effective thanks to solutions from Pharos Systems.