New York, NY (PRWEB) June 5, 2008
Marking its fifth year, the Plan Sponsor & Minority Manager Consortium, which brings together major plan sponsors with minority and emerging investment managers focused on investment sectors including clean tech, infrastructure and emerging global markets, is now officially sold out. Held at the Waldorf Astoria June 10-12, 2008, the event is the industry's premier gathering with attendees representing all asset classes including America's Emerging Domestic Market, consultants, members of the fund of funds community and others. The Consortium is co-hosted by RG& Associates and the National Association of Investment Companies (NAIC).
"The Consortium is the perfect conduit for NAIC members to engage investors in the most meaningful way," said Samuel J. Boyd, Jr., President & CEO of NAIC. "The efficiency of the programming allows for a lot of constructive interaction. We're elated to be the co-host of such a dynamic event."
Explore the New & Different, "Trademark" Events Return
In-depth discussions relating to investment strategies, new opportunities and potential risks in sectors such as private equity/venture capital and hedge fund arenas will again be a core area of focus at the event. In addition, interactive sessions will focus on investment areas that the plan sponsor and minority and emerging managers are beginning to explore more heavily, including emerging markets (India, Africa, etc.), clean tech, real estate and infrastructure.
An "In-Focus" session is a new addition to the 2008 agenda and will be led by New York State Comptroller Thomas P. DiNapoli's Office, a Consortium Co-Advisor. The session represents a continuation of the New York State Common Retirement Fund's Emerging Manager Diversity Roundtable event held in February. Senior Common Retirement Fund staff will be on-hand to facilitate four asset class-specific workshops including hedge, private equity, public equity, and real estate.
"One of my top priorities as Comptroller has been to expand the diversity of our manager pools," said Comptroller DiNapoli. "The Consortium is a great way to share our vision and identify potential opportunities with emerging managers. It also gives managers an opportunity to meet with the Fund's professional staff and better understand the investment priorities for each asset class."
The event's trademark "Speed Networking" session will be the finale--providing all attendees with an opportunity to identify and meet and begin a dialogue. On June 12, the Consortium focus is for plan-sponsors only, including a half-day educational forum that brings together members of the plan sponsor community to discuss emerging manager successes, program elements and trends.
The following plan sponsors will participate as speakers during the 5th Annual Consortium event:
- California Public Employees' Retirement System - Eric Baggesen, Interim Senior Investment Officer
- California Public Employees' Retirement System, California State Teachers' Retirement System - Anne Sheehan, Board Member
- California State Teachers' Retirement System - Solange F. Brooks, Investment Officer, Investments Executive Unit
- CalPERS, Los Angeles Fire & Police Retirement System - Dr. Louis Moret, Board Member
- City of Chicago - Honorable Stephanie D. Neely, City Treasurer
- Dallas Employees' Retirement Fund - Natalie L. Jenkins, Investment Officer
- GE Asset Management - James Mitchell, Jr., Managing Director
- Government of Bermuda - Mannard Packwood, CPA, Management Accountant
- Illinois Teachers' Retirement System - Juan Lopez, Jr., Investment Officer - Emerging Managers
- Los Angeles City Employees' Retirement System - Shelley Smith, Vice-Chair
- Maryland Retirement and Pension Agency; City of Baltimore Employees' Retirement System - Thurman W. Zollicoffer, Jr., Board Member
- Massachusetts Pension Reserves Investment Management (MassPRIM) - Michael Travaglini, Executive Director
- MetLife Private Equity Unit - Elvin Lopez, CFA, Director Domestic Private Equity
- New Jersey Division of Investment - William G. Clark, Director
- New York State Office of the State Comptroller - Honorable Thomas P. DiNapoli, New York State Comptroller
- New York State Office of the State Comptroller - Marjorie Tsang, Assistant Comptroller
- New York State Office of the State Comptroller - Raudline Etienne, Chief Investment Officer
- NYC Office of the Comptroller - Joseph Haslip, Assistant Comptroller for Pensions
- NYC Office of the Comptroller - Rita Sallis, Chief Investment Officer
- NYC Office of the Comptroller - Yvonne Nelson, Senior Investment Officer
- Real Estate SITQ - Denis Epoh, Vice President Investments
- State of Connecticut - Honorable Denise L. Nappier, State Treasurer
- Teacher Retirement System of Texas - Britt Harris, Chief Investment Officer
- The Walt Disney Company - Michael Johnson, Manager Corporate Treasury
"The Consortium is an unprecedented forum bringing together key players involved in investing, growing and protecting the assets of millions of Americans, including the nation's teachers, government employees, union members, and more--all individuals who entrust their retirement to plan sponsors nationwide," said Renae Griffin, president of RG & Associates, LLC. "Every aspect of the event is focused on interactions and sharing information--the goal is to help minority and emerging investors and those with investment capital connect."
For information on the Consortium, visit http://www.rgassociates.org or call 510-628-0345. Members of the press are invited to attend select sessions of the Consortium. Please contact Tisha Dore at 760-505-9676 for more information and to reserve your place.
About The Plan Sponsor & Minority Manager Consortium
Celebrating its 5th year, the Consortium is one of the premier forums bringing together plan sponsors with minority and emerging managers representing all asset classes including America's Emerging Domestic Market, consultants, members of the fund of funds community and others. The event, known for its high-impact forums and workshops and unprecedented opportunities for networking and interactivity, is co-hosted by RG & Associates, LLC, a professional conference and event planning company specializing in developing and managing conferences that facilitate education and business development within the financial services industry and the National Association of Investment Companies. NAIC is the industry association for private equity firms that are minority owned or that have as their primary investment strategy, to invest in underserved markets commonly known as the Emerging Domestic Market (EDM). NAIC member companies invest in privately held businesses that have a high probability of growth and the ability to generate significant returns for investors and shareholders.