We are honored to contribute substantial funding to NOCC - an organization that is fully committed to spreading awareness and conducting education about ovarian cancer
Chicago, IL (PRWEB) June 5, 2008
Weiman Products, makers of leading home care products, will support the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition (NOCC) and its efforts to educate and inform women about ovarian cancer risk factors and symptoms starting June 2, 2008. Weiman will make a generous corporate donation to the NOCC and implement a multi-channel campaign that supports NOCC's mission - to raise awareness and promote education about ovarian cancer - and its commitment to improving the survival rate and quality of life for women with ovarian cancer.
"We are honored to contribute substantial funding to NOCC - an organization that is fully committed to spreading awareness and conducting education about ovarian cancer," said Carl DeMasi, Weiman Products president and CEO. "To solidify Weiman's dedication to the cause, we will use our product packaging, Web site, e-newsletter and additional marketing tools to increase awareness about ovarian cancer among Weiman's national consumer and retail base."
Multi-Channel Campaign Components
Weiman's awareness and education campaign will include the following elements:
- Weiman will introduce teal-colored product caps on six of its top-selling products (Cook Top Wipes, Leather Wipes, Granite Wipes, E-tronic Wipes, Stainless Steel Wipes, Stainless Steel Cleaner & Polish) during September 2008 to honor and increase awareness for Ovarian Cancer Awareness month. The teal caps will appear in retailers nationwide, including Wal-Mart, Target, True Value, Kroger, Safeway, Publix and Kmart.
- Product packaging for all of Weiman's products will be updated to include an ovarian cancer awareness ribbon and NOCC Web site address to help consumers access information and facts about ovarian cancer online.
- The Weiman Web site will feature an enhanced, dedicated web page with information about ovarian cancer and details about Weiman's partnership with NOCC.
- The September 2008 edition of Weiman's e-newsletter, Weiman News, will include educational information that supports NOCC's mission.
- Weiman Products will provide opportunities and encourage employee investment and involvement in supporting the NOCC mission.
National Ovarian Cancer Coalition
The National Ovarian Cancer Coalition is a 501 (c)(3) charitable organization that provides help and hope about ovarian cancer with public education and awareness, state divisions, a toll-free Help Line, comprehensive web site, peer support, publications and special projects. The National Ovarian Cancer Coalition's mission is to raise awareness and promote education about ovarian cancer. The Coalition is committed to improving the survival rate and quality of life for women with ovarian cancer. For more information on the "Break the Silence" campaign and to contact one of the local NOCC local divisions, visit http://www.ovarian.org or call 1-888-OVARIAN.
Weiman Products, LLC manufactures specialty home care products that clean, protect and prolong the life of appliances and surfaces throughout the home. Weiman's product lines include: Weiman products, Wright's® Metal Care products and its newest product line of environmentally-friendly cleaners, Perfect Planet. Headquartered in Gurnee, Il, Weiman products are available nationwide through mass merchandisers, grocery stores, hardware stores and other retail outlets including Wal-Mart, Target, Publix, Kroger, True Value, Kmart, Ace Hardware, The Home Depot, Expo Design Center and Costco. Products are also available through Weiman's website (http://www.weiman.com) or by phone (888.281.6400).
To view the electronic press kit, visit: http://onekit.enr-corp.com/1003980/index.html.