Passing the million monthly unique visitor milestone validates that the mobile web is a viable platform for mass market consumers
San Mateo, CA (PRWEB) June 4, 2008
Tapatap (m.tapatap.com and http://www.tapatap.com), the leader in social photo games for mobile phones, announced it received over one million monthly unique visitors in May to its mobile web site. Fueling this growth was Tapatap's launch of three new mobile games for its network.
- HottieGPS - A fun new way to meet people and make friends on Tapatap. View user profiles and nominate them for categories including hottest eyes, smile, and face. Use Hottie GPS to find local hotties!
- Polls - Create your own polls or vote on others' polls. Find out what others on Tapatap think!
- Quizzes - See if you know the right answer or try and stump the Tapatap community. Original content in categories including pop culture, movies, and hip hop.
Tapatap users can enter photos into their gallery for use in Tapatap games directly via their mobile phone or their PC. Tapatap recently announced integration with Photobucket API's allowing Tapatap users to access their Photobucket accounts via their mobile device and seamlessly enter their photos directly into all of Tapatap's photo games.
"Passing the million monthly unique visitor milestone validates that the mobile web is a viable platform for mass market consumers," said Andy Riedel, President and CTO. "Tapatap has established itself as a direct-to-consumer destination site of choice. We continue to add additional features and games to our platform to maintain our leadership position in mobile social games."
Since launching its mobile site in December 2007, Tapatap's growth has hit:
- Over 1 million monthly unique users
- Over 300,000 monthly messages
- Over 15,000 user-generated photo games and contests
- Over $60,000 in sponsor awarded prizes
Tapatap is a social mobile gaming leader - delivering mobile and web sites where users can create, enter and play user generated or sponsored contests by some of today's major consumer brands. Tapatap is the first social gaming company on both the mobile and web that gives consumers the opportunity to play for fun and prizes. Harnessing the power of mobile 2.0, Tapatap combines pop culture and game show logic, to deliver the most unique consumer mobile entertainment experience. Based in San Mateo, CA Tapatap launched in June 2007 and is privately funded by Gabriel Venture Partners. Tapatap is on your mobile phone at m.tapatap.com and on the web at http://www.tapatap.com.
jherman @ tapatap.com