Arlington, VA (PRWEB) June 6, 2008
Winners have been announced for the 2008 Life Science Industry Awards, which recognize those life science suppliers that are best-in-class in both product categories and customer communications and support categories. The 20 companies receiving the highest overall scores in each award category were named the Winners out of the 650 life science suppliers.
The Scientist, the magazine of the life sciences, and BioInformatics, LLC, the premier market research and advisory firm serving the life science industry, presented the awards at a gala event in Boston attended by more than 200 industry luminaries.
"The results of his year's voting confirm the Winners' continued commitment to excellence in the technologies and services they deliver to their scientific customers," said Bill Kelly, President of BioInformatics, LLC. "At the same time, we've chosen 'Look Beneath the Surface' as the theme of this year's analysis of the votes -- the gap between the Winners and the other industry leaders named as Finalists is much closer than previously thought."
Almost 4,500 scientists voted for the best overall company in 14 product and six communications and support categories. These scientists were drawn from the online professional social network for scientists, The Science Advisory Board, and the vast readership of The Scientist magazine. After indicating their frequency of use of specified laboratory products, the scientists were asked to complete a detailed questionnaire that enabled the analysts at BioInformatics, LLC to calculate an overall score for each nominated company based on the number of nominations received and key measurements of customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Richard Gallagher, Editor-in-Chief and Publisher of The Scientist observed, "Each year the prestige of these awards increases as companies appreciate that our readers and the members of The Science Advisory Board truly represent the voice of the life science community. Scientists strive for excellence in their research and expect no less from their suppliers -- The Life Science Industry Awards recognize the exemplary companies that are driving research forward."
The Winners of the 2008 Life Science Industry Awards are:
- High Throughput Screening: PerkinElmer Life and Analytical Sciences
- Cell Biology Instrumentation (Flow Cytometer-based): BD Biosciences, a part of Becton, Dickinson and Co.
- Cell Biology Instrumentation (Microscope-based): Carl Zeiss
- Cell Biology Kits and Reagents: Invitrogen
- Cell Culture Media and Reagents: Invitrogen
- Computer Hardware: Dell
- Gene Expression Analysis Products: Applied Biosystems
- High Throughput Screening and Analysis Systems: PerkinElmer Life and Analytical Sciences
- Image Analysis Systems: Bio-Rad Laboratories
- Instrumentation for Genomic Analysis: Applied Biosystems
- Instrumentation for Protein Analysis: Bio-Rad Laboratories
- Laboratory Plasticware: Fisher Scientific, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Nucleic Acid Purification and Separation Products: Qiagen
- Protein Purification and Separation Products: GE Healthcare (a division of General Electric)
- RNAi Products: Dharmacon, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Most Useful Print Catalog: New England Biolabs
- Most Responsive Customer Service: Invitrogen
- Most Knowledgeable Technical Support: Invitrogen
- Most Useful Web Site: Invitrogen
- Most Supportive Sales Representatives: Fisher Scientific, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Most Memorable Print Advertisements: Invitrogen
A free report detailing the results of this year's voting is available for download at http://www.gene2drug.com/reports/194/
A full review, including winner profiles, will be published in the September issue of The Scientist magazine.
This year's event was supported by the generous sponsorship of the law firm Foley Hoag, strategic consultants PA Consulting Group, executive search firm Polachi, The Science Advisory Board and The Life Science Executive Exchange.
ABOUT THE SCIENTIST
The Scientist, the magazine of the life sciences, has informed global life science professionals for over 20 years. We provide our print and online magazine readers with coverage of the latest developments in the life sciences including trends in research, new technology, news, business and careers. We reach the leading researchers and executive management in academia and industry who are interested in maintaining a broad view of the life sciences by reading insightful articles that are current, concise and entertaining.
ABOUT BIOINFORMATICS, LLC
BioInformatics, LLC is the premier research and advisory firm serving the life science industry. By leveraging our professional social network of more than 36,000 bioscience researchers, we have supported more than 300 companies and provided insights that lead to better business decisions.
Our assignments include assessing the size and attractiveness of markets, optimizing product configurations and pricing, validating corporate acquisitions, measuring customer loyalty, and evaluating brand strength and positioning.
For more information, please contact:
400 Market St., Suite 1250
Philadelphia, PA 19106
2111 Wilson Blvd., Suite 250
Arlington, VA 22201