Chicago, IL (PRWEB) July 2, 2008
The Word of Mouth Marketing Association (WOMMA) is pleased to announce the newly-elected members of its Board of Directors, who will officially kick-off their terms at the next WOMMA Board meeting.
This is WOMMA's third Board election since the association was first established in 2004. The expertise and thought-leadership demonstrated by WOMMA's successive Boards have driven the growth of both the association and the industry, and have ensured that the word of mouth marketing industry continues to adhere to the pillars that necessitated its establishment. These pillars include: the establishment of best practices, standardization of measurement and metrics, and a strong dedication to word of mouth marketing ethics.
WOMMA's Board of Directors includes major brands, marketers, agencies, researchers, word of mouth specialty firms, and top experts. It is representative of the diversity of companies that have embraced the consumer-driven power of word of mouth marketing and have signed-on as active members of the industry's official trade association.
WOMMA's success parallels the maturation of the entire word of mouth marketing industry, which reached an estimated $1.35 billion in 2007, according to a study conducted by PQ Media.
WOMMA's new Board of Directors includes:
- Rod Brooks, Vice President & CMO, PEMCO Mutual Insurance Company
- Liana Frey, Chief of Staff, Marketing, Dell
- Spike Jones, Firestarter, Brains on Fire
- Ed Keller, CEO, The Keller Fay Group (Incumbent)
- Matt Moog, Founder and CEO, Viewpoints Network
- David Rabjohns, CEO, MotiveQuest LLC
- Stuart Sheldon, President - Atlanta Division, Escalate
- Amanda Van Nuys, Vice President, Corporate Marketing, Organic
They will join the following Directors, who are currently serving on WOMMA's Board:
- John Bell, Managing Director/Executive Creative Director, 360 Digital Influence, Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide
- Idil Cakim, Vice President, Interactive Media, GolinHarris
- Sam Decker, Vice President, Marketing and Products, Bazaarvoice
- Paul Rand, President and CEO, Zocalo Group
- Laura Shuler, Chief Strategy Officer, President (U.S.), Jack Morton Worldwide
- Scott K. Wilder, General Manager, Online Communities, Intuit
- Julie Wittes Schlack, Vice President, Innovation and Design, Communispace Corporation
- Dave Balter (Observer), CEO, BzzAgent
- Pete Blackshaw (Observer), CMO, Nielsen BuzzMetrics
WOMMA is the official trade association for the word of mouth marketing industry. Our more than 390 corporate members are committed to building a prosperous word of mouth marketing profession based on best practices, measurable ROI, and ethical leadership. Learn more about us at http://www.womma.org.