New York, NY (PRWEB) July 3, 2008
There are a limited number of insurance companies that provide insurance for companies involved in the manufacturing, distribution and retail sales of bicycles and their components.
"Bicycle manufacturers, distributors and retailers need to protect their assets. They are providing a product to the public and if something were to go wrong, their business would be at stake. Bicycle Industry Insurance limits that risk," advised Ernie Seubert, bicycle industry insurance expert and Executive Vice President of CSA Insurance.
What Coverage Should Bicycle Manufacturers, Distributors and Retailers Seek?
They should obtain coverage that contains adequate protection on their business property and liability protection, including products liability. Specifically they should obtain the following coverage:
1. Business Property - including their inventory, fixtures, machinery, tools, and improvements made to the premises. Building property would be included for owners of buildings.
2. Business Interruption Insurance - covers the lost income resulting from a fire or other catastrophe that disrupts the operation of the business. It can also include the extra expense of operating out of a temporary location.
3. Liability Protection - covers a company's legal responsibility for the harm it may cause to others. This harm is a result of things that the company or its employees do or fail to do in their business operations that may cause bodily injury or property damage due to defective products, faulty installations and errors in services provided.
Where Can I Get a Quote?
Bicycle manufactures, distributors and retailers have two options for obtaining a quote:
1. Call CSA Insurance at 800- 874-6172
2. Get an online quote at http://www.csainsurance.com
About Ernie Seubert
Ernie Seubert is Executive Vice President of CSA Insurance and heads the specialized unit focusing on bicycle industry insurance. Ernie is a former cycling competitor, who served on the Board of Directors of U.S. Cycling Federation for many years, including 4 years as President; was inducted into the U.S. Bicycling Hall of Fame; served on the Board of Directors of the U.S. Olympic Committee for 20 years; served Assistant Chief of the United States Delegation of 1992 Olympic Games in Barcelona and was recipient of the USOC President Award in 2002.
About CSA Insurance
Campbell Solberg Associates is a firm of proven professionals, caring and conscientious people, the kind of people that you can depend on. CSA's roots go back to 1940 and steadily evolved to their current multi-faceted agency serving the insurance needs of more than 7,500 individuals, families and business.