Ottawa, Canada (PRWEB) July 4, 2008
The Utility Company, a single-source provider of technology, communications and business management solutions for small and medium-sized businesses (SMB) across North America, today announced the creation of its Franchise Advisory Board appointing five members to serve a one-year term - beginning July 1, 2008.
The Franchise Advisory Board (FAB) was established to have representative Utility Service Provider (USP) franchisees meet regularly with the executive team of The Utility Company. This forum will include a wide range of topics covering strategic and operational issues and opportunities regarding the overall franchise system.
"We have already established ourselves as the #1 managed IT services franchise with thousands of end-users across now 60 markets in North America," stated Mark Scott, president and founder of The Utility Company. "The people we have around the table of the Franchise Advisory Board have built $100-million services businesses, sold managed services companies, and most importantly, are all successful Utility Service Providers that can help mentor others in our system."
The Board is comprised of the following representatives across five regions in North America:
- North East - Robert Kenney - Boston, MA
- South East - Terry Cole - Lexington, TN
- Central - Mark McIntyre - Toronto, ON
- North West - Leonard Lutes - Seattle, WA
- South West - Terry Joslin - Sacramento, CA
Each FAB member's background is outlined at http://www.theutilitycompany.com/FAB.
"As the first Utility Service Provider that signed on 18 months ago, it's great to see The Utility Company progress and continue to improve its value proposition and quality of service to small and medium-sized businesses," stated Mark McIntyre, USP for the southwest region of the Greater Toronto Area. "The Franchise Advisory Board will provide a great medium for discussing strategic and operational issues from the field with headquarters."
The Utility Company launched four key initiatives in the first half of 2008, all in an effort to make it easier for end users to learn more and adopt managed IT services and utility computing:
- 1-866-My-Utility Per Minute Helpdesk - to help SMBs easily transition from onsite break/fix support to on-demand remote support at a fraction of the cost - http://www.theutilitycompany.com/perminute.
- Utility Referral Program - easy-to-refer program with structured rules of engagement and compensation as well as the ability to leverage social networking - http://www.theutilitycompany.com/refer.
- Utility 360 Technology Bootcamp for Business Executives - North American roadshow for business executives to learn how to better leverage technology to drive business profits.
- The Utility View - monthly newsletter for business owners and managers with over 10,000 subscribers - http://www.theutilitycompany.com/TUV.
"I am honored to be selected to the Franchise Advisory Board," stated Leonard Lutes of The Utility Company of Puget Sound, WA. "Having spent much of my career starting and building businesses in the technology and office equipment industry, really no one has cracked the SMB market on a national scale or created a channel model that is a true win-win business partnership. Our quality of service and our customer satisfaction levels are the highest I have seen in all my years in business."
The Franchise Advisory Board will be featured on a panel discussion, Connected Office Winning Sales Strategies, at the 2008 Utility Revolution Franchise Summit on October 2-4 in Ottawa.
About The Utility Company:
The Utility Company is a single-source provider of technology, communications and business management solutions for small and medium-sized businesses across North America. Our Connected Office Technology-as-a-Service program provides a single point of contact for ALL things technology delivering the required hardware, software and service for a monthly fixed fee per user. Customers are supported by local Utility Service Providers delivering on-site service and business-technology consulting to reduce spending and increase utilization - our Beyond Managed Services franchise opportunity is available by prospectus only. Learn how to make technology work for your business today at http://www.theutilitycompany.com.
For more information contact:
Director of Marketing
abradley @ theutilitycompany.com