London (PRWEB) July 8, 2008
Opalesque, the world's largest subscription-based publisher covering the alternative investment industry, has just launched the seventh issue of its groundbreaking Roundtable Series: Opalesque U.K. Roundtable (download here: http://www.opalesque.com/index.php?act=static&and=RoundtableUK)
Remember a couple of years ago various reports claimed funds of hedge funds were doomed because of the multi-strategy managers? The fund of funds didn't look to good back then.This Opalesque UK Roundtable held June 5th 2008 in London offers some important updates on this discussion.
In addition, you will read:
- Which strategies work and are in demand since the credit crunch?
- Why this is not the time to go into passive investments
- For what strategies is the credit crunch actually a good environment, who is striving
- You hear a lot about that difficulty of valuing collateral - why this complaint is often without merit
- Vital points investors often overlook in discussing fees with hedge funds
- What UK based managers say about the FSA principles-based regulation
- What US investors often don't understand about UK regulations
The Opalesque UK Roundtable was sponsored by Newedge Prime Brokerage Group (http://www.newedgegroup.com/primebrokerage, email: firstname.lastname@example.org) and took place in their London office with the following participants:
1. David Harding, Founder and CEO of Winton Capital Management
2. Paul Dunning, CEO, Financial Risk Management Limited (FRM)
3. Tim Haywood, CEO of Augustus Asset Managers Ltd. (formerly known as Julius Baer Investments Ltd.)
4. Stephen Oxley, Managing Director PAAMCO Europe (Pacific Alternative Asset Management Company)
5. Joe Leitch, Co-Founder and COO of Rubicon Fund Management
6. Karsten Schröder, Founding Partner and CEO of Amplitude Capital
7. Gerard Gardner, Partner, North Asset Management
8. Alistair (Ali) Lumsden, Portfolio Manager, CQS Management
9. Mark Salem, Managing Director of Mount Capital
10. Duncan Crawford, Head of Capital Introductions, Newedge Prime Brokerage Group
11. Philippe Teilhard de Chardin, Global Head of Prime Brokerage, Newedge Group
The Opalesque U.K. Roundtable Script can be downloaded here: http://www.opalesque.com/index.php?act=static&and=RoundtableUK
All other previously published Opalesque Roundtable Scripts (New Zealand (March 17th), Australia (March 25th), Singapore Roundtable (April 24th), Hong Kong (May 1st), Japan (May 23rd), New York (June 11th) can be downloaded here: http://www.opalesque.com/index.php?act=archiveRT
Matthias Knab, Director of Opalesque Ltd, moderates the Opalesque Roundtables. Matthias Knab is an internationally recognized expert on hedge funds and alternatives and has frequently served as chairman of hedge fund conferences in New York, Tokyo, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Miami, Bahamas, Stockholm, Dubai etc. In addition, he has presented or moderated at hedge fund events in Sydney, Cape Town, Madrid, and Bombay, and lectured at numerous universities on the subjects of hedge funds and the state of the global alternative asset management industry.
Opalesque leads the finance media space for its in-depth and innovative products. Since February 2003, Opalesque is publishing Alternative Market Briefing, the premium news service on hedge funds and alternatives. The launch of these Briefings was a revolution in the hedge fund media space ("Opalesque changed the world by bringing transparency where there was opacity and by delivering an accurate professional reporting service." - Nigel Blanchard, Culross) combining proprietary news with the “clipping service” approach of integrating third party news. Each week, Opalesque publications are read by more than 400,000 industry professionals in over 100 countries.
Opalesque is the only daily hedge fund publisher which is actually read by the elite managers themselves (http://www.opalesque.com/op_testimonials.html). For more information, please go to http://www.opalesque.com.
About Opalesque publications:
Alternative Market Briefing:
A daily newsletter on the global hedge fund industry, highly praised for its completeness and timely delivery of the most important daily news for professionals dealing with hedge funds. Alternative Market Briefing offers both a quick overview and in-depth coverage. Subscribers can also access the industry’s largest news archive ( 27,000+ articles ) on hedge funds and related topics.
Opalesque A SQUARE = Alternative Alternatives is the first web publication, globally, that is dedicated exclusively to alternative investments. A SQUARE's weekly selection feature unique investment opportunities that bear virtually no correlation to the main stream hedge fund strategies and/or distinguish themselves by virtue of their "alternative" motive - social, behavioural, natural resources, sustainable /environment related investing.
With its "research that reveals" approach, fast facts and investment oriented analysis, A SQUARE offers diversification and complementary ideas for: private, high net-worth and institutional investors, pension funds and endowments, portfolio and hedge funds managers.
Technical Research Briefing:
Delivers three times a week a global perspective/overview on all major markets, including Equity Indices, Fixed Income, Currencies, and Commodities. Opalesque Technical Research is unique compared to most available research which is fundamental in nature, and not technically (chart) oriented.
Opalesque Roundtable Series:
In an Opalesque Roundtable, we unite some of the leading hedge fund managers (single and multi strategy managers) as well as representatives of the local investor base (institutions, fund of funds, advisers) to gain unique insights into the specific idiosyncrasies and developments, the issues and advantages of individual global hedge fund centers.
No matter if you are a hedge fund investor looking for new talent, a hedge fund interested in diversifying your investor base or a service provider looking for new clients, you will get to know some of the leading heads of each hedge fund center and find invaluable information and intelligence right on your desk, without any travel involved.
For more information, please go to http://www.opalesque.com