At Nitobi, our goal is to make Ajax development effortless so that web interactions are as easy, natural and painless as possible for end users
Vancouver, BC (PRWEB) July 21, 2008
Ajax specialists, Nitobi Inc., releases Complete UI 2008 Q3 today with enhancements to two of the suite's Ajax components, support for JavaServer Faces (JSF), and support for Firefox 3. Nitobi's Complete UI integrated platform for building web user interfaces includes 10 Ajax-powered components that improve user experiences for any Web 2.0 application.
Nitobi Calendar is a lightweight, high-performance DHTML calendar picker that can be easily integrated with and styled for any web application. Calendar enables users to easily pick calendar dates within a web application. In this release, Calendar performs faster and makes developers' lives easier with out-of-the-box localization and Dreamweaver integration.
JavaServer Faces (JSF) is a new standard Java framework that simplifies web application building. With JSF support, Complete UI users no longer need to hand code scripts or do stylesheet imports. Each component now automatically knows what dependencies it has and loads them. Other benefits include: auto-initializing components, simpler 'gets' and 'saves' with the new listener components, and full use of Unified Expression Language.
Today's release also supports Firefox 3, the newest version of the popular browser.
"At Nitobi, our goal is to make Ajax development effortless so that web interactions are as easy, natural and painless as possible for end users," said Andre Charland, Nitobi CEO. "By improving component functionality and performance, and by introducing JSF support, Complete UI provides a straight and narrow path to solid Web 2.0 development and execution."
Nitobi components have been popular with Ajax developers since Nitobi Grid and ComboBox first launched in 2005. More recent additions, including support for Dreamweaver, make Complete UI ideal for web developers of all levels.
The Complete UI suite includes:
- Grid: A cross-browser spreadsheet with Excel 'copy/paste', LiveScrolling, and more.
- TreeGrid: View, edit, copy and paste hierarchical data in an Ajax data grid.
- ComboBox: A drop-down menu with autocomplete functionality, similar to Google Suggest.
- Tree: A hierarchical data view, similar to the folder view in Windows Explorer.
- Tabstrip: Folder tabs for navigating to different sections of a web application via Ajax or iFrame requests.
- Fisheye: A tool bar menu featuring fisheye magnification, similar to Apple OS X tool bar.
- Calendar: A high-performance calendar picker that can be used with Nitobi Grid or in standalone web applications.
- Callout: A rich, skinnable tool-tip that prompts users with real-time feedback and helpful instructions as they navigate through an application.
- Spotlight: A tool for creating stylish guided tours of websites and applications.
- Ajax Toolkit: A library of fully documented tools used in Nitobi components that can be re-used in your own applications, or to build your own components.
- Dreamweaver Extensions: Easy-to-use Dreamweaver extensions for each of our nine Ajax components. With these extensions, even beginner web designers and developers can add Ajax-powered design elements to their web apps.
The Complete UI suite is platform-agnostic and works with a variety of development frameworks, including Java, PHP, ASP.Net, Classic ASP and Coldfusion. Nitobi Ajax components are easily integrated with most application servers. Pricing for Complete UI starts at US $429. For more information on Complete UI, visit http://www.nitobi.com.
Download a 30-day free trial at http://www.nitobi.com/download/.
About Nitobi Inc.:
Nitobi Inc. (http://www.nitobi.com) has been creating web-based software components and enterprise solutions for customers around the globe since 1997. Nitobi's customers include Bank of America, Time Warner, KBR and NASA. Nitobi is an active member of the OpenAJAX Alliance and has recently authored a book on Ajax entitled, Enterprise Ajax published by Prentice Hall PTR.